“Best Experience Ever!”

Mountain River Outfitters
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Riggins
More attraction details
Owner description: Idaho Whitewater Rafting trips on the Salmon and Snake Rivers. Premier adventure vacations for the entire family in the Idaho wilderness. 5 day river trips on the Main Salmon - River of No Return wilderness and Hells Canyon. Great Fishing adventures for trout, bass, steelhead and sturgeon.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

No words can even begin to describe this experience. The combination of beauty, instant relaxation and excitement was like nothing I have ever experienced. Our two day rafting trip was more of a vacation to myself and teenage son than any vacation either of us has EVER been on. The guides Elizabeth, Luke, and George were fantastic and the food was amazing. All we had to do was show up and they took care of the rest. I felt completely pampered and relaxed. The SUP board and inflatable kayak were great too. There was plenty of time to just float, fish, play in the water, and explore. I don't know how we will ever top this vacation!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Michael B.

This is my first ever review on the internet for anything. I was so impressed I thought I should take the time to write. I have taken about 10 river rafting guided trips over the years and was extremely impressed with this company. We took a 2 day trip and wish it had been 4 days.The quality of the food, service, and guides are unsurpassed. We intend to revisit this company next year. All of their equipment including the rafts and kayaks are well maintained and seem near new. The town of Riggins has a unique charm to enjoy the night prior. Staff and guide are professional, friendly and helpful. The owners were very helpful in arranging for special transportation needs we had.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Awesome guided trip through Hells canyon! Heather and George were amazing and owner Brenda delightful! Fantastic food (lasagna)! Make sure if you go on a river trip go with the flow and go with MRO! See you next year!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our group has an annual cycling trip through Eastern Oregon and we thought we would break it up with some Idaho whitewater this year. Based on the reviews, we decided on MRO in Riggins and after talking with Brenda at MRO we decided that this would be a good match for us. There were three people (adults) in our group who had never experienced rafting thru whitewater before and were a little apprehensive about going and the other half of our group were looking for plenty of good whitewater and lots of excitement. We booked a full day trip with George as our guide. It was awesome for both those who had rafted before and those who had not. This is a well run, well organized river rafting company and the Salmon River is breathtaking. Obviously these people have been doing this for a very long time as everything was covered from making sure we were safe to providing with a day that none of us will ever forget. We will be back - no question about that!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

MRO is the jewel of rafting companies in Riggins. They are totally professional in preparing for your trip, and the trip itself is memorable. They deserve all the accolades bestowed upon them and I cannot wait to ride the Salmon again with MRO!