“Great trip - Thanks”

Mountain River Outfitters
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Riggins
More attraction details
Owner description: Idaho Whitewater Rafting trips on the Salmon and Snake Rivers. Premier adventure vacations for the entire family in the Idaho wilderness. 5 day river trips on the Main Salmon - River of No Return wilderness and Hells Canyon. Great Fishing adventures for trout, bass, steelhead and sturgeon.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a great overnight on the Salmon River with new friends! It was my sons first time white water rafting and now that’s all he talks about. The guides were great and very friendly. I would absolutely recommend these outfitters for a rafting trip. – Very helpful and made for a great mini Vacation.
Thanks

There are newer reviews for Mountain River Outfitters

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friends and I (adventure seekers in our twenties) sought out a river rafting trip in Riggins, ID because we'd heard it is a great stretch of the Salmon River. It is indeed a great stretch of river - if you're looking for a leisurely jaunt rather than a wild ride. Mountain River Outfitters does list the rapids classification on their website (though really, even with the help of Google I was not clear what class III+ rapids might be in real life), so I do not blame them for the lack of rapids. My point for mentioning them is that although we were disappointed by the river, our MRO guide, Luke Moser, rose to the occasion.

Luke was fun and friendly, and quickly surmised that we wanted to get the most excitement possible out of our 1/2 day raft trip. When there was a lull between rapids he devised stand up raft yoga competitions, had us stand on one foot on the stern while he spun the raft in tight circles truing to knock us into the river, let us jump out and swim after the raft, etc. He was also great about steering the raft over to picturesque spots for our photo ops.

Oh, and the food was wonderful! The taste was no doubt amplified by the fact that Luke prepped it all while we frolicked in the river. Vegetarian options provided.

Tip to save $7: You do not need to buy those straps to hold on your sunglasses - the rapids are not sufficient to dislodge them.

2  Thank Megan M
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We decided to do the full day trip, from about 9 o'clock in the morning to 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Being that this was in August, the rivers were lower than they were in the Spring and Summer. Even still the rapids that we went over were incredibly fun! The bus driver was funny and made the trip to the put in spot enjoyable. We had an incredible morning with our wonderful and informative guide Tyler. Lunch was delicious, chicken ceasar salad with pasta salad, vegetables and chips. There were also yummy cookies to top of the meal. All of the guides were fun and very friendly. The afternoon contained even more rapids than the morning and was exhilarating and exciting. There was a dry bag on board each of the rafts as well as pop/soda/water and granola bars for snacking.

There were also inflatable kayaks for some of the more daring guests to try out and enjoy! A couple of the rafts were more leisurely where there was little to no paddling required by the guests in those rafts. The raft that my family was in had paddles that we used to go through the rapids, but our guide paddled us through the flat water.

The coffee shop/meeting place on Main Street sold straps to keep glasses on which was convenient. There were also shirts and other gear for sale there. I would recommend MRO to anybody!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I'm not a frequent commentator on TripAdvisor but felt the need to chime in. My 7 year old and I arrived an hour late for our half day outing, having driven over two hours from Lewiston Idaho (note: Riggins is located in the MOUNTAIN time zone, not PACIFIC...stupid me...easy mistake to make as it's only 3 miles from the timeline & our rafting trip actually ends in the Pacific timezone...FYI). But the staff said "no problem", and loaded us in a van, then dropped us off right near where the raft was. We jumped on & off we went. That would be enough for a 5-star review on its own, but everthing else was fantastic as well (wonderful guide, great service, wonderful people in the boat with us)...I can't say enough positive things. It was the highlight of our vacation.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Where to start! From the time of the "meet and greet" the night before our trip to the drop off at our hotel at the end of the trip, we could not have asked for a better experience. Our guides were Elizabeth and Jeff, our gear guide was Austin. They work together like a well-oiled machine. They guided us down the river, prepared our meals, entertained us, and gave us a totally wonderful experience. Brenda is one of the owners who we met at the end of the trip, but her attention to detail with the calls prior to our trip made sure that we knew what to expect and that we were prepared. The meals were outstanding. I would recommend the outfitter to anyone who wants a top-notch trip.