“Loved this 'July Christmas Present'....GREAT Time!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain River Outfitters

Mountain River Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Riggins
More attraction details
Owner description: Idaho Whitewater Rafting trips on the Salmon and Snake Rivers. Premier adventure vacations for the entire family in the Idaho wilderness. 5 day river trips on the Main Salmon - River of No Return wilderness and Hells Canyon. Great Fishing adventures for trout, bass, steelhead and sturgeon.
Payette, Idaho
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved this 'July Christmas Present'....GREAT Time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My SO (significant other) & I received a 1/2 day raft trip with MRO (Mountain River Outfitters) from his kids for Christmas & finally got to use it, deciding to invite another couple of friends! 2 words- LOVED IT!! We all wanna do it again....except longer & wilder! We had an afternoon of laughs, fun, beautiful scenery, yummy homemade (by MRO) cookies with our informative, funny and knowledgeable guide Austin W.....Excellent trip Austin, much thanks and appreciation!!! The MRO guides may choose to do this because its a awesome job, but MRO obviously choses their river guides, because they're not only knowledgeable & smart but because they are really good and care about what they do and it shows! We will recommend MRO and Austin to anyone without a doubt or 2nd thought!! From booking the trip until we were stepping off the bus through our return trip from down the river, a truly amazing time!

Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Two old beans from Boston made it up to Riggins, Idaho. We decided to go white water rafting with Mountain River Outfitters because of their incredibly nice and informative staff. The equipment is top notch. Our guide, Jordan, was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. AND the lunch was one of the best meals we had in Idaho! Honestly, I cannot think of anything else this company could have done to make our trip better.

1 Thank Brattle
“Wonderful trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

It is so worth the money! We had a great trip on really nice equipment. The guides were all friendly and fun. The break for lunch was nice great food the provide you and fun games. We had a blast with Elizabeth and we were lucky to get her but any guide would be great to have. Such a fun group of people. There were about 6 rafts with about 6-8 people. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking to have fun it's appropriate for all ages!! The company exceeded our expectations!!

Boise, Idaho, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Greatest Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first Whitewater Rafting experience ever and I can's say enough great things about this company and our guide (Stephen) in particular. He was super great, energetic, knowledgeable and engaging. This was my daughter's 13th birthday present from me and the whole way home she couldn't stop talking about how fun it was and how she can't wait to go again! Rave reviews indeed from a 13 year old! Planning a much longer trip as I write this. Thanks so much Stephen and Mountain River Outfitters for an incredible memory with my daughter.

1 Thank Yasmin I
Spokane, Washington
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Last Minute decision, Fantastic Idea!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A business associate from Chicago was here and wanted to white water raft so he convinced us to go with him. This has been on my bucket list to do. I am plus sized and was concerned that they wouldn't have a wet suit to fit. Jesse insisted it would and was happy to see they had all sizes available. The water temp was 58, air temp 65 and thought I would be cold but not at all. Although I am sure everyone feels their guide was the best but ours really was. Ask for Jesse Stone (he looks like a mountain man) but couldn't have been a sweeter guy. We also had Brant the owners 16 yr old son who is in training. They made it so fun and interesting trip!! I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't want to go in the water. We couldn't take the smiles off our faces as we went thru the rapids and wanted more. Brant and two of our group decided to swim the rapids but my husband felt it was a bit cold once he was in. Maybe when its warmer. We felt we were experts at the end but I wonder if we even need to row since the guides seem to work the hardest!! Probably just gives us something to keep us engaged.

They provided snacks and water for us if needed and Brenda's homemade cookies!! Brenda--you need to sell them by the dozen back at the shop. They are to die for!!

Since this was a last minute plan, I am the planner and have to know it all so this was out of my comfort zone. That being said, everyone was great, comforting and made us all feel like we were ready. From suiting up, entering the water, the raft trip, back at the shop everyone was so nice and professional. I just cant say enough good things. Jesse, you rock!! I am already recruiting friends to do a full day and also a two day trip!!! I will definitely be back!!

Visited June 2013

Been to Mountain River Outfitters? Share your experiences!