“Great ownership but I couldn't pick my neighbors”
Review of Big Iron Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riggins
Big Iron Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Riggins
Boise
“Great ownership but I couldn't pick my neighbors”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I think it goes without saying that any motel experience is hit or miss. In this case, the rooms were relatively clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. The neighbors we had managed to be intoxicated by 4pm and their entire extended family was in the vicinity. We avoided staying in the room as much as possible. The experience could have been better if there was a limit on the number of adults (say less than 6) that can stay in a single room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank jouefoot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stayed at this motel for a week, which was very enjoyable. I do not usually stay at motels, but this place made me reconsider. The rooms are simple, but very clean as cleanliness is very important to me and the rooms are equipped with everything you need: refrigerator, television, microwave, and a full-size coffee maker (they don‘t skimp on the coffee or the condiments). Okay, no blow dryer, but if you are at the river all day, you do not need one. Scott and Rose, who own the motel, are wonderful. As I sat outside, I observed how they treat all of their other customers; some were loyal customers, which says a lot. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about the motel and owners. They were kind enough to let a person fill his ice chest after picking huckleberries all day; most places complain if you do this. In various places, barbecues are available to use. People even said that Scott’s wife, Rose, feeds some of their customers. If you ever pass through Riggins, Idaho, this is the place to stay. Oh, did I mention the rates are cheap.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Pahrump
Reviewed May 13, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Big Iron thru most of the summer. The rooms were the cleanest and better supplied than any motel we have stayed at. Brand new rooms,, totally remodeled, with fridge, coffee pot , excellent customer service,, all amenities you could think of..The staff was the best,, Hospitality is no. 1 We will Always stay at the Big Iron,,

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Renton, WA
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Booking was easy - The price GREAT - the rooms recently remodeled and VERY CLEAN. At registration you are met with a smile, Beer, soda, or cookie - it was great after a long ride in. MOTORCYCLE friendly! Great place - can walk to town, book your white water adventrue across the street - or relax on the patio furniture outside your room. Hot tub, dog friendly - HUGE parking lot. Fun little friendly town. Will definatly go back!

• Liked — Clean Rooms, super friendly, recommend other sites local interests...
  • Disliked — It was all good
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 22, 2008

A very clean and comfortable motel located in the heart of Riggins. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were quite and exceptionally clean. Has a great catering trailer out front with surprisingly good food and an extended menu. Room prices are very reasonable and they are dog friendly. Free VCR movies, not to mention the free homemade cookies.
I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank gogetemgirl

Been to Big Iron Motel? Share your experiences!