Frontier Pies
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Frontier Pies used to have more restaurants then what they have now. Like their name says, they bake pies, and boy! are they good. Maybe it's because that was the place where I had my first pie ever, but I love the restaurant. It's a family style dining place, nicely decorated. Their cornbread is very good and comes as a side for their dishes. I always save it for last, and sometimes that is my dessert. The service is friendly, and the food is simple and good. As I said, their pies are off the charts. I love their breakfast.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We'd had a long drive from Boise and wanted something substantial, not fast food. Frontier Pies was a great surprise. The cornbread was moist and served with delicious honey butter. The dinosaur chicken nuggets were a hit with our kids. The adults had chicken pot pie that was creamy and delicious with a flaky crust. All our food was served piping hot. My only 2 complaints were there was no chicken in the chicken noodle soup and the ketchup bottle was sticky. Service was great and Markie our server was attentive and answered all our menu questions. Good value too. Our bill was just over $30 before tip.
We did not order pie but the pie choices were plentiful.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Normal food and service for local restaurant. Food was well prepared and good serving size.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Meh. I have no problem with this place. We ate here maybe 4 times while we stayed in Rexburg. Wait staff was ok, food was ok, prices were ok. I would not go back mainly to explore if there were better places to eat.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

- We should have turned around as soon as we pulled up - the building was dilapidated and unkept.
- As soon as we walked in, my husband was repulsed by the smell.
- The restaurant was not clean, and the seat cushion of our booth had very large gashes.
- There were only two other tables occupied, which was another red flag during breakfast hours.
- The waitress was flighty and absentminded.
- My husband ordered Steak & Eggs, and the steak came out bloody - completely turned his stomach.
- Restrooms were repulsive - toilet was broken and ceiling tiles were stained from a leaky roof.
- Unsure how this place stays in business?!? Is this standard in the area?

1  Thank MontanaTroutChasers