“Sorry, Worst Prime Rib Ever”

Jbs Big Boy Family Restaurants
Ranked #39 of 77 Restaurants in Rexburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Ate at this restaurant and ordered the prime rib. The waitress was very kind but incredibly slow and didn’t seem to be very experienced. Sad thing was none of the other older more experienced waitresses seemed to care to help her and just watched her flail around. Not her fault. The prime rib cost about $20 and was a special occasion I guess after the holiday. Worst prime rib ever! I couldn’t even stomach 3 bites. I was never asked if I wanted anything else, no refunds etc. after I relayed my dissatisfaction to our waitress.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Quickly turning into a dive. We came here after our other choices were packed on a Friday night @ 7:30. Seeing that they were mostly empty should've been a sign to stay away. The carpet looks old and nasty. They look long overdue for replacement.
Our middle-aged waitress didn't provide much service. Not a single refill. We waited quite awhile for the check, and finally asked someone else for it when we saw our gal outside smoking.
I had the country fried steak with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. The carrots were overcooked (soggy), and the broccoli was very crunchy. The potatoes looked like they had been sitting out for a long time and were turning color. I spooned 3 spoons of gravy off of my potatoes. The gravy mixed with the potatoes was absolutely unpleasant. The fried steak was a little too fried but was somewhat okay until I got to the 2nd piece (comes with 2). This one was extremely salty.
My wife had some form of a Taco salad in a tortilla crunchy sort of bowl. It looked a little soggy as she tore a piece off. She ate less then half of her food. I tried a couple bites. Her chicken was extremely dry/overcooked. And there just wasn't a pleasant taste to it.
Having said all of this - I've had their breakfast before and felt that is better. (But I think it's harder to screw up breakfast). The breakfast isn't anything spectacular. It's about what you'd expect from a "family restaurant". I MIGHT go back for breakfast in the future. But I'll never go back for dinner!
As we paid our bill, we left no tip for the waitress. When she took the ticket from us she very visibly rolled her eyes seeing that we left no tip. Just because she is a server, doesn't mean she is entitled to a tip. That's what an hourly wage is for. You actually have to work and please the customers to earn a tip (in my opinion).

1  Thank enigmarm
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The food was in large portions for a very good price. The waitress was very friendly. but all food has a large load of fat and calories. The rice was a bit slimey and aged but the fries was very good. the pork chop and meat loaf were excellent but the stuffing was quite salty

1  Thank hideko66
Reviewed March 11, 2010

JBs is the best coffee shop in Rexburg. The locals start showing up at 0630 and are there till about 0830. The managers and staff are all locals who know everyone and have a friendly chat when you walk in. This is the kind of place that you look for in every city or town, where you can meet the locals and catch up on all the latest news. They put out a great breakfast, and have a pretty good sandwitch with soup/salad bar lunch. They have the typical JBs fare too but the thing you go there for is the friendly faces and good company.