“Good BBQ slow service”

The Hickory
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Rexburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the food and atmosphere at the hickory. They have a nice variety of sauces. I would have given a better review but it took a long time for the food to be served.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were sent to this place by our hotel, and were surprised how basic it was. Floors, tables etc all very basic, and questionably clean (table-swabbing was icky). Menu is mainly bbq, and portions were huge (as were many of the diners). Lots of bulk with fries, buns, biscuits.

Prices were extremely reasonable, and there was a big local crowd. However, we would have preferred prices a little higher, and more focus on quality and cleanliness.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was always convinced that nothing exciting came from Rexburg, but this place was VERY good. Went here when visiting my sister for a short time. I ordered the Pulled Pork with a baked potato and green beans. Surprise: The Green Beans were the highlight of my plate! Their green beans are caramelized and mixed with bacon. They were heavenly! Everything else was also very good, but dang... those green beans. I'm going to try to replicate them.
The atmosphere of was very fitting, very rustic bbq type place, and the drinks are served in giant mason jars which was pretty cool also. The only downfall I see is that the sandwich options do not come with sides??? You have to order those extra, which I found odd. My wife's sandwich looked small compared to my massive plate with a good helping of meat, green beans and a huge potato. ( All for near the same price per entree.)
I go to a lot of bbq places and this place battles with the good ones. I would definitely recommend this place if you are in Rexburg... for whatever reason.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Hickory is a mom and pop sit down joint that serves burgers and shakes. Their pulled pork burger is great! Their fries and hand cut and old fashioned. They do great business and their prices are very reasonable. Every Tuesday they have a "Dealio" special that is quite a bargain, but you have to know to ask for the "Dealio".

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Rexburg needed a good BBQ restaurant. Several places have moved in and out of the building, but none have stayed very long. I think The Hickory will be the exception. The staff is friendly and the food is fairly priced and good. I am glad they are here!