“Better than Chinese food in China!”
Review of Ying Yang Oriental Kitchen - CLOSED

Ying Yang Oriental Kitchen
Cuisines: Chinese, Healthy
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: Listed also in Yelp, several blogs, and has a facebook page
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I'm so glad Mr Ying and his restaurant came to little old Rexburg. Great fusion-style food, not just of the vast land of China itself, but from SE Asia too. Some great curries and Thai dishes available too. Menu items are top notch, and the buffet doesn't compromise on quality either. I eat here at least weekly and it does wonders for my diet. I have colleagues at BYU-I here who can't eat gluten food, so Mr Ying made a gluten free menu, and also doesn't use msg or that corn syrup stuff.

In quieter periods, Mr Ying often comes out to greet and chat with customers--family business at its best. Some of the waitress staff are young, but they work hard and everyone in the local community knows them. I've eaten Chinese in San Fran, NY, Hong Kong, and all around China, and this stuff is better than most places I've eaten. The menu is mindful of the American pallet, but still unique and not like the crappy Chinese that is served in most towns around this region.

I bring my colleagues and guests here everytime. Mr Ying rewards loyal customers sometimes with new dishes he is experimenting with, but even if you are passing through, YY is totally worth a visit.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ying Yangs is fresh, friendly, and delicious! Our friends mentioned it to us on our trips up here and It was and is the only place we go now when we are craving Chinese. The owner is an amazing guy. He comes out at the end of the day and talks with his customers. The food is always fresh and you don't have to choose just "The one or best thing on the menu" .

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ying is so personable. He is the best cheif around. I love the carma chicken. My boy always is remembered by Ying and his favorite dish. What a wonderful place

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Even the residents of Rexburg don't know how lucky they are to have this restaurant in town. The owner and chef was trained in China and ran a successful Chinese restaurant in London, England for many years. Somehow he ended up in Rexburg and runs this restaurant. It offers the freshest, most authentic, and delicious Chinese anywhere in this part of the USA. In fact, I would put it up against that which you can find in major cities such as San Francisco and Seattle, where one would end up paying twice or three times as much as in Rexburg.

1  Thank Haacke
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

The buffet that doesn't taste like a buffet! The food is Soooooo fresh and you can tell the difference. A video shows the procedures they use that make them different from any Chinese Restaurant I've ever eaten. My favorite was the Chicken Korma utilizing coconut milk and curry. Also high on the list was the Singapore Rice Noodles, Beijing Pork and REAL orange chicken

No MSG, handmade egg roll pastry, no artificial flavors, fresh made sauces....I just can't say enough good. 5 stars isn't sufficient. I hated getting full!!!!

1  Thank PurpleMom8