“Best in Town..don't be deceived!”

Mandarin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 70 Restaurants in Rexburg
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rexburg, Idaho
“Best in Town..don't be deceived!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Never once have I had a bad experience. When the place is clean and the bathrooms are clean I know that it is safe to eat there. This is a consistently good place to meet friends and enjoy some noodle. There are things on the menu that I still haven't tried, but the lunch menu starts at $5.50..I love the Broccoli Chicken, Chicken low mein, Won Tons with cream cheese and crab. Most of the time I still have left overs unless I share. There is always a special for $8.95 but 2 people have to order this. So before leaving Rexburg I took my niece to eat there. We ordered the special and for under $20 we ate like Queens. they bring you BBQ pork, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Chicken Low Mien, Fresh veggie rolls, Fried rice. This is a lot of food. It would feed a family of 3-4 if the children are smaller. My niece is a poor college student so she took home the yummy yummy left overs. Also if there is a problem they are willing to go out of their way to make it right. I would come back again and again...

• Visited March 2014

“Moderately good”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch. My husband enjoyed his rice and black bean dish... My noodle dish was a little too oily Not my cup of tea. Might try it again (as I like to give everyone a second chance)... I bet there are good things on the menu... Will keep trying to find them on round two.

1 Thank CrystalGwilliam
Miami, Florida, United States
“Not great”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had reservations for Valentine's Day and it took FORever to get the food out, and it was just underwhelming. We would never recommend it.

1 Thank Jena H
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Excellent Dinner Choice”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We ended up at the Mandarin in Rexburg after stopping at (and leaving) two other Chinese restaurants in town. The Mandarin is modestly furnished, but clean and friendly.

The menu offers a wide variety of well-known Chinese entrees as well as family style dinners. The portion size is very large. We were happy to know that we could order dinner from the lunch menu and get smaller portions--although none of us were able to finish our meals.

We stopped by on a Friday evening and found the place very busy with families and couples. They also do a huge take-out business. The food was excellent and the service was great.

• Visited March 2013
Rexburg, Idaho
“Good Chinese place for Rexburg”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been there 3 or 4 times since i lived here and each time i have been very pleased with their service and food. The portions are very big and you could easily share with another person. The first time i went here i ordered the family sized dinner to go, and it says that its for 4 people but could have easily fed up to 8. If you order the Chow mien be aware that its not what most people refer to as chow mien and the staff is usually pretty good about informing you of this. If you want the chow Mien your expecting order the Lo Mien. Overall if you like Chinese food i would defiantly recommend this place to you.

• Visited October 2012