“Great food - limited hours”
Review of Da Pineapple Grill

Da Pineapple Grill
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Rexburg
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: Hawaiian Island and asian cuisine, full sushi bar. Best sushi bar and island cuisine. Located at the University Plaza. Restaurant is going on their 6th successful year. Fresh seafood, authentic island dishes, great variety of sushi choices from traditional style to tempura. Excellent reviews.
Spokane, Washington
“Great food - limited hours”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

It seems the restaurant is open for lunch on MWF from 11:30 to 2. Also open for dinner at 5pm M-Sat. Closed Sundays. We went there for lunch. The food is good. Nice Hawaiian style plate lunches. I enjoyed the Kalua pork plate. They were willing to customize their menu for my wife - she had a kalua pork and pineapple sandwich (not on menu). Tasted great. We did not try the sushi. Atmosphere is good -- enjoyed the modern Hawaiian music. Service can be slow for lunch as their is limited wait staff -- we happened to arrive just after a large group arrived. Staff is friendly, helpful, and attentive. I'll be back!

Visited October 2013

Phoenix
“Walked out after 20 minutes of no service and no communication”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I cannot review the food because I never got to taste it. Our first clue that this establishment was not properly run was when a server seated us...or was this host also taking orders? Our party of five was seated fairly quickly but that's when the service ended. No one introduced himself/herself as our server...no one took our drink order...no one even brought us glasses of water. A few servers walked past our table refilling drinks on other tables, but no one paid us any attention. After 15 minutes of nothing, my daughter-in-law walked up to the guy who seated us and asked if we had a server. His response? "Uh, yeah." Then he walked off. We watched him attend to another table and after 5 more minutes of nothing, we got up and walked out. Now the server/host walked up to me. I said, "this was pretty bad". He had an apologetic look on his face, but said nothing. If he was our server, why didn't he say something to my daughter-in-law? He could have said, "I'll be right there" or if he was swamped, he could have asked one of the other servers to bring us some water. Anything! Make contact! I have eaten in restaurants all over the world and I would say this is the worst service I've ever seen.

• Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service not the best”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was surprised that we had to wait quite a long time for our server to take our drink orders and than an equally long time for the drinks to appear on our table. The same with our dinner orders. The food was ok but not great. The prices were a little high for the quality of the food. Would we eat there again? Probably because there aren't that many dining places in Rexburg.

• Visited September 2013
Ogden, Utah
“A genuine paradisical meal!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We eat there every visit to Rexburg! We love their sushi rolls & their musubi! The decor is authentic & original! Their sauces are so good, especially the citrus sauce! Aloha!

• Visited July 2013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went here twice just to make sure it was actually bad and not just the type of food I got. The chicken tasted worse than dog food. Out of the group of five, only one person got something tolerable. The sushi is mediocre, but you can't expect much from an Idaho "Hawaiian" restaurant. If you want good food, try the Thai restaurant on Main Street.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Da Pineapple Grill? Share your experiences!