“Nice hotel, just a little funky”

SpringHill Suites Rexburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My review of this hotel may be a little tainted by a wonderful night's stay that we had early in our trip in Idaho Falls. We took a road trip up to Yellowstone and stopped the first night at a fabulous Sleep Inn in Idaho Falls, camped in Yellowstone for three nights, and then stopped in Rexburg on the way home. I wanted to stay in Rexburg because I had been a student at the college in town 15 years ago and wanted to see how the city had changed.
When you look at pictures online of this hotel it's obvious that the decor is very funky and modern. It's okay, just not my thing and seemed really out of place in little old Rexburg, Idaho. The rooms are very spacious and I loved the couch/sitting area and the flat screen tv could swivel to accomodate you in the sitting area or the sleeping area. The sofa also folds out into a bed to accomodate a fifth person in the queen suite. The toilet and shower/bathtub are located in two different rooms which is nice for families trying to get ready at the same time. I didn't like the pocket doors, however, which have an opaque glass on them. When someone is in the bathroom and turns on the light the light shines directly on those who are still in bed. Somewhat irritating.
The pool area is nice, but I couldn't swim in the pool as it was too chilly for my taste. Kids were the only people I ever saw enjoying the pool. The fitness room seemed very nice.
Breakfast in the morning was pretty nice. They had waffles with some out of the ordinary toppings, oatmeal, bagles, muffins, and the makings for breakfast sandwiches.
I probably would have given the hotel a better rating if I hadn't stayed at the fabulous Sleep Inn in Idaho Falls a few nights before. It was about $40 less a night and the service there was just exceptional, but if you need the extra bed or just have to stay in Rexburg this is a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Rexburg

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Yellowstone National Park. This hotel is about an hour and a half from the park so be prepared to drive (this isn't counting all the time you will spend driving OUT of the park back home). If you are visiting Rexburg, this is by far the best place to stay. It was nice staying here during our Yellowstone trip (despite the commute) because Rexburg actually has more options for entertainment/food than anything in West Yellowstone. That's not saying much though as Rexburg is quite the boring city.

The suites are big and spacious. The only bad thing is that the bathroom is literally right next to the bed. If you are traveling for a romantic weekend and have to use the bathroom, it could make the experience quite awkward. Also, the cleaning job was really half-assed. They made the bed (barely) and that was it. It was also the only Marriott I've ever stayed at where the front desk clerk told me I couldn't have an early check-in without even looking at his computer. He just flat out said no and to come back later. The breakfast was very good and well stocked.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chaub
Reviewed May 31, 2010

This is a newer property with the new trendy SpringHill Suites design. Very modern the rooms work well. The bathroom is split into two (toilet sink + shower sink) which works well if traveling with the family. They have a very nice buffet breakfast. The swimming pool is on the small side. Great place to stay in Rexburg.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is the nicest, coolest marriott I have experienced. I hope they make more hotels like this. If only there were something to eat in this town after 9. The nearby applebys was open but typically lame.

Hats off to the Marriott design staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed 5 nights (April 22-27) at the Springhill Suites. Overall, we were very impressed and would rate it the best in Rexburg, having stayed in several of the other motels. I would have given it all 5s, except for 2 areas. The location is a bit out of town, but near the Interstate and a restaurant. The other exception was probably something that won't happen again.

Checking in, we found the facility to be new, very clean, with the amenities we wanted - free breakfast and internet, pool, hot tub, and guest laundry. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The main problem is that on the very first morning, we awoke to no water. Apparently, the water main serving the motel had burst early that morning.

While some motels, such as Hampton, boast that if they can't fix a problem, the night is on them. Not so here, although they did give 50% off, and indicated that we should have water later that day. Later that afternoon, water was restored, except for one small problem - no hot water, just cold. Apparently, when the water main burst, something broke in the boiler or water heater. The part was on order and expected to be received the next day. Again, we received 50 % off. However, a cold shower is not an altogether pleasent experience.

This continued for the next several days and upon checkout, on April 27th, there was still no hot water. We didn't try the pool or hot tub, and weren't able to wash our clothes, as we had planned. Again, we received the 50% off for the full 5 nights we were there, but taking cold showers got old fast.

Except for the "water problem", the motel is the best in Rexburg, and as good as any in Idaho Falls. Anyone traveling on the Yellowstone might find this to be a good stopover on their trip. We would certainly stay here again on our next trip, but would check ahead to see if they have hot water.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I have stayed at some of the nicest hotels in Washington DC, Rome, San Francisco, amoung other places and I can say that this hotel is my ABSOLUTE new favorite. The rooms are large and trendy. The beds are very comfortable. Their lobby was one the best I've ever seen. The decor and ambiance is just extrodinary given the price of this hotel. They had a nice complimentary breakfast with plenty to eat and a relaxing modern eating area. The staff were super friendly and we had great access to Yellowstone National Park from there. I can't say enough good things about this hotel! It was a pleasure staying there!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Bright and cheerful with tasteful decor. Room had separate shower and toilet making it convenient for family members.Easy access from freeway and minutes to just about anywhere in Rexburg.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
La Quinta Inn & Suites Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
#7 of 24 in Idaho Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Rexburg? Share your experiences!