“Interesting Modern Decor Looks A Little Cheap”

SpringHill Suites Rexburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Redondo Beach, CA
“Interesting Modern Decor Looks A Little Cheap”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The modern decor is a welcome change from other area hotels but looks Ikea cheap and does not justify the price. Odd to have the closet placed between the bathroom and the toilet room (the toilet room has its own little corner sink). Lots of glass everywhere. The phone next to the bed didn't work but we could just slide the glass panel separating the desk from the bed and access the other phone two feet away. Trying to figure out why the room was laid out like it was kept me awake a little. The mattress was very firm -- too firm for my wife. The complimentary breakfast was OK. Still, all things considered, I liked the decor and feel of this hotel and all else being equal would probably choose this hotel over the others in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Hi, I came to Rexburg for a week to visit my daughter & son in law who were attending BYU Idaho. I stayed at the Marriott Hotel and was amazed by the spender of the decor and the spacious rooms. When they say, "suites" they mean it! I enjoyed the amenities: the pool, spa, exercise room, free internet, multiple computers & printer for my use at no charge, laundry facilities, free parking, and the most wonderful breakfast buffet, that is as good as any restaurant. Best of all was the staff, they are so friendly and accommodating. They greeted me by name, they constantly offered assistance to make me feel as comfortable as possible. Any time I asked about a place in town they printed of address and directions for me, etc, Though all the staff was tremendously friendly the most accommodating was Juan, the maintenance man and Danielle who worked at the desk and some days preparing the rooms.Ellen Pritchett

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
RexburgSHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rexburg, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Dear Guest (Ellen),

Thank you for your comments.

I have passed these on to Juan and Danielle who are both very happy to read this. Our staff simply is the best. Their work is to serve and meet expectations. They are doing it and I enjoy reading these to give praise to them.
We will always strive to provide you with a “suite” stay!

-Joseph Sybrowsky
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I spent 10 wonderful days at this hotel. I found the amenities so much like being at home. the staff here are kind, friendly and so accommodating. They called me by name every time I walked by. I am in a wheelchair and the staff did there best to make my stay very comfortable. The breakfasts are so delicious. I was able to sit in a hot tub for the first time in many years thanks to the maintenance man Juan. The rooms are so spacious almost like a condo. Joyce Farley

Room Tip: I stayed in a handicap accessible room. It was the most spacious and modern looking hotel room I...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Jackson, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2014

While we liked the place itself, it really is right on the edge of town, and you cannot walk anywhere, you must drive. While I understand that the area may be expanding that direction, they are not there yet, so be aware.

The rooms are spacious and worked well for our family of four. The pool and hot tub area are small, but nice and really all we needed. Breakfast was a bit simple, but adequate, and the staff was fantastic. The rate we were given was a bit high, but it came with a gift card to a local restaurant, so I guess it evens out. The lady at the desk even gave us a coupon (from her purse) for a local yogurt place that was yummy. What a nice person.

The only minor issue that we had was that the AC unit, which is huge, is really loud and was leaking/sweating. I plan to call them today to let them know since I forgot to mention it when we left. Still, shouldn't the cleaning crew notice wet carpet?

Since my daughter will likely be going to Y-I, I suspect we will be staying overnight again in the future, and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alabama
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place to stop on the way to or from Yellowstone West Gate. Very close to interstate but far enough off road that car noise was minimal. It's about 1 1/2 hour easy drive to West Gate. Our room was adequately sized and clean with the small exception of some crud left on tub drain hole. Breakfast was adequate (usual eggs, oatmeal, waffles) and enough to get us on the road. Hotel is one exit south from food venues in Rexford for dinner and stores if other items are needed. We would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NP1951
Spokane
Reviewed August 18, 2014

After I had stayed there at the end of May, 2014, I wrote a complaint about the toilet in our room not working properly. Since I had complained about the room, this must have given the manager permission to charge my debit card $168 more after I had already checked. He claimed it was because I was not on official state, therefore I was not eligible for the state rate. When asked at the front desk during check in, I showed them my state ID card because that is all they asked for. Out of dozens of different hotels that I have stayed in, none can quite compare to these kinds of shenanigans. Evidently, they do not follow their own policy of destroying your credit card information after your stay, since my card was charged the additional amount a week after my stay. Do the words "bait and switch" come to mind?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Kelly F
RexburgSHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rexburg, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for remarking on our hotel. Please contact me at the hotel so I can look into the specifics of your stay. As a practice we do not charge credit cards after a guest checks out of the hotel without their expressed knowledge typically in written form (email or other). We have government rate rules that must be followed to allow us to continue to offer that discounted rate for those that work for the government on business. We take great pride in offering these rates and keeping them available for government business booking. I am committed to resolving this issue and insuring a wonderful stay for each guest.

Joseph Sybrowsky
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is literally the BEST hotel in Rexburg, Idaho Falls and St. Anthony. I was so impressed with my room that I took pictures of everything upon arrival and then sent them to my BFF's, encouraging them to return with me in the future and stay for weekend fun. The staff is so nice, friendly and helpful...especially Juan and Sheeba!! Dont even bother to stay in Idaho Falls unless you absolutely love: cheap, old, out-dated, low-end and dirty! It was my own mistake...I did not book my first night at the Marriott in time and was forced to find a hotel elsewhere. EVERYTHING was booked (apparently because this area is an hour and a half is considered "close" to Yellowstone National Park...who knew??). So that is why I now KNOW this hotel is the best, upscale hotel in the area...after repeated being turned away and finally staying in one of the worst hotels ever, for one night.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, either a King or two Queens. They have two extra large, two-room suites avaia...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
#5 of 24 in Idaho Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Rexburg? Share your experiences!