“best hotel in town”

SpringHill Suites Rexburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I came to Rexburg for the first time in January to bring my daughter to school. I was very impressed with the staff and the overall experience at the hotel. I love the layout of the rooms giving you a bit of privacy when sharing the room with kids. The split bathroom was nice as well giving you two places to get ready. The breakfast was great, with plenty of selection.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
RexburgSHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rexburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your efforts to review our hotel. Our job is to make your stay comfortable, safe, and clean. From your comments it looks like we have and I will let you entire staff know their efforts do not go unnoticed. SpringHill Suites as a brand will also appreciate hearing that you enjoyed their rooms’ layout and recently updated breakfast that became the official standard early this year. SpringHill Suites is my hotel of choice when I travel because of the space. Thank you again and we’ll see you next time you’re in the area.
-Joseph Sybrowsky

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Rexburg

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was highly recommended on all accounts, and by outward appearances it should be. What I didn't expect we're the itchy bed bug bites I left with... I called to let management know once I realized what the itchy spots were, but was a bit disappointed in the response I got. The front desk person said that was the first time she'd had a bed bug report and that she'd look into it. She promised a report back on their findings though, so hopefully I'll hear something in a few days. Would have been a 4 out of 5 rating otherwise, mostly due to the noisy plumbing (you could hear the water draining from the shower in the room above loud enough to wake me up), but otherwise very good accommodation's.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Chadwick_Vonhall
RexburgSHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rexburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
I’m very sorry to hear about your itching condition via this message and our phone conversations. I am happy to report that Ecolab arrived here this afternoon and found no evidence of bed bugs or any other bugs in your room. Ecolab is the 3rd largest pest control/chemical company globally. They are here monthly and have always been under contract at our property. Going through the room from top to bottom with a very thorough search yielded no bed bugs or any other bug activity. We checked the rooms on either side to take that extra bit of caution. Our Ecolab representative has stayed here many times and recommends this hotel to others as a clean well kept hotel. I would like you to know that your claim was taken very seriously and handled quickly.

No associate here has heard of bed bugs at our location but I believe our front desk associate did the right thing by putting the room out of order and contacting me immediately. We have had a similar claim years ago that proved negative, also investigated under Ecolab, to bed bugs once before in the 4.5 years since we opened. We have treated this issue the same as our only other claim.

It is our mission to deliver a clean welcomed hotel experience to each guest that stays with us. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wow, the staff was great. Mostly college students but they sure were nice and thoughtful about us leaving our daughter there to go to school. They told of good places to eat, fun places to visit and even a place my daughter might go look for a job. We will be back several times over the next few years. Room was clean and nice everything about the place was great

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
RexburgSHSGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Rexburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your review of our SpringHill Suites. I’m very happy that you trip was a pleasant one and we hope to see you back soon.
Our staff will enjoy hearing about this positive review. They really take pride in knowing they provided a wonderful stay as they are encouraged to think outside the box in providing services. As some of our staff are students I’m glad they could try to provide some insight into how to get a job in this college town, it can be difficult.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel in October and had a wonderful experience. Springhill Suites are my favorite properties and I try to stay at them as often as possible. This property is fairly new and it is kept up nicely. The staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. The location is convenient for a day trip to Jackson Hole, WY or Yellowstone (which was our intent, but we happened to be traveling when the Gov't shut down this year, so Yellowstone was not an option). The breakfast is the usual Springhill fare, and I've never had a bad breakfast at any Springhill!
If you are planning to travel to Yellowstone, I would highly recommend this hotel. Because all the rooms are suites, it is great for a multiple day (or longer) stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our SpringHill Suites. I wish you would have been able to visit Yellowstone National Park. We hope to have you back this way during the open months of Yellowstone not during a shut down. I think the end of September/October is one of the best times to visit the park to see the fall colors changing.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff especially our maintenance and housekeeping departments. They work hard to keep this property looking new and clean year around.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a normal Springhill Suites but it is very new and modern inside. The bed was great with the usual abundance of pillows. The room was huge and the arangement was nice with a couch and workspace as you walked in and the bed behind that. The shower was in a separate room from the toilet and I liked that too.

The breakfast was the normal hotel breakfast but it was good. The hotel was sold out the night we stayed and there was lots of families. They kept the food coming and never ran out of everything.

They were very helpful at the front desk when we were looking at road conditions.

I will stay here again when I am in Rexburg.

Room Tip: Get a King room with extra space.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We typically try to stay in a Marriott property as they are consistently clean and the beds are comfortable. This property is no exception. My only issue is the layout of the room. The builder tried to maximize the space by placing the toilet and the showers in separate rooms each directly across from one of the beds. The toilet is closest to the entry. There is a opaque glass door, which allows you to see one's shape if it is nighttime and the light is on in the room. There is a small sink with no hook for a hand towel next to the sink and the sink has no counter. There is a small towel bar over the toilet so one has to reach behind to dry their hands. And if you want to use the sink to brush your teeth, there is no room for your toiletry bag. There is a fairly large closet next to the toilet, and then on the other side of the closet is the shower, which also has a glass door. It is directly across from the 2nd queen bed. There is a sink and a large counter in the shower room.

My primary complaint is the one walking lane and getting in each others way to access the toilet, shower, and closet as they are all in the center area of the room. Typically the bathroom is at the entrance to the room which allows those using the bathroom to have their privacy and then have an entire area to themselves. In this hotel if one needs to use the toilet before showering, they have to move from one room to another in the main walkway. Then you have the TV in the path to the toilet. There is a small sitting area, with a desk and chair across from the sofa. The TV should be on the desk allowing for undisturbed viewing of the TV. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave just across from the entrance door, and this works as it is out of the way. This is where the bathroom should have been located. The room is just too compact for my tastes.

Breakfast was good. I was disappointed they didn't have a waffle machine and according to the manager they only put the waffle machine out on the weekends. He did tell me next time we stayed just ask and he will put it out. The manager is quite helpful.

Grace at the front desk provided us with travelling information which we appreciated. And again, the manager is quite helpful.

I definitely do not like the hotel lobby's decor---orange and green brings back memories of the 70's and they are not warm and cozy colors. Bring back the muted colors please, they are much more soothing. After driving hours from Salt Lake the lobby, though new and clean, is a little shocking to the senses.

Will I stay here again, not with a family of 4.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2trvlRedondoBeach
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at this property for the Thanksgiving holiday while visiting family and was quite impressed by the quality of the hotel. The bed was a dream to sleep in, room amenities were superb and the shower was the best I have been in for a good while. The room was very quiet, well laid out, comfortable, and spacious. The AC/Heater was quiet and very efficient at keeping the room as comfortable as you would like.

The breakfast bar was well stocked with a good variety of healthy items and they tasted good as well.

The breakfast bar attendant was always bright and cheerful, well versed in customer service, and was a definite plus to make the dining experience worthwhile. A true professional!

Room Tip: Upper floors are a bit quieter when there are large families present. Rooms on the Eastern side have...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
La Quinta Inn & Suites Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
#7 of 24 in Idaho Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Rexburg? Share your experiences!