“Beware!!!”

SpringHill Suites Rexburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a horrible experience at the Springhill Suites in Rexburg!! I waited 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk to check-in! I even called the hotel from the front desk area and no one answered! Finally, after 10 minutes a man came to the desk, he was rude to me! The room set-up was terrible! The air conditioning was leaking all over the carpet! Upon, checkout the general manger apologized for the troubles we encountered but he never offered to comp the room or anything! I am a Marriott rewards member for many years, I was never acknowledged as such! I would NEVER stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank jillstout

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have not stayed at Springhill Suites before, so maybe they are all like this one, but I was amazed by the unusual and thoughtful design of the rooms, pleasing to the eye and extraordinarily functional. A wooden latice rack over the air conditioner made a shelf for a suitcase at an ideal height. The seating area had sliding frosted glass partition above the desk separating that area from the beds. Frosted relites in the doors were a nice feature of the shower/sink area and the w/c/sink area. Beds were comfortable. It was a pleasing space, large and user friendly. Staff was friendly. We didn't use the pool or exercise room but they looked nice. This is a handy location for enroute travelers to overnight outside the higher rates of Jackson WY and Driggs ID in high season.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Haven't stayed at other hotels in Rexburg and probably won't try another place since THIS hotel is great. I don't know why there are negative reviews on the staff. Everyone did a great job.

Check-in: easy, less than 2 min. Booked room directly with Marriott. I didn't want to do Priceline since I wanted to stay at this hotel. Glad I did.

Room: large, sitting area + two queen beds.

Bathroom: I didn't have a problem with the bathroom (unlike other reviewers)... in fact I liked the set up. The toilet is in a separate "room" with a 1/2 sink... it does not "sit" inside the bedroom. The shower and full sink are in another "room". This was nice since two people can get ready, use the toilet and shower at the same time.

Pool: very clean and new.

Breakfast: I stayed during the 4th of July week... so it was VERY CROWDED. I only noticed the crowds at breakfast. The staff did a good job refreshing the food, replacing items, and renewing items. But since Americans believe they are entitled to everything,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have stayed at other Marriott properties, so felt safe in booking this hotel. Upon arriving we had booked two rooms for 5 individuals. Two dads with two daughters and one son. The staff didn't say anything to us upon arrival about our rooms only being one king bed per room even though all five of us where standing in front of them. When we noticed the error we inquired about changing and they mentioned they had one room with two beds but could not change our reservation since we booked through a outside website, we needing need to call the website to make the change. The staff was RUDE and unhelpful! This is the first time I have ever encountered this and I stay in allot of hotels for business and family travel.

Now for the bathroom: The bathroom almost sits inside the bedroom, and anytime anyone goes the bathroom and someone else is in the room, then can hear you doing all your business. ( I recommend turning on the TV - this is hard to do in the middle of the night and early morning hours)

Hotel was clean, the breakfast was average, the policy or staff/ manager needs to be changed!

Room Tip: Make sure when booking you book the exact room needed, because staff will not make any changes to ac...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kurt O
Reviewed July 9, 2013

First the positive aspects: Every staff person I encountered was professional, courteous, friendly and helpful. The staff is a huge plus and almost enough to overcome the other and varied disappointments we experienced. The property is fairly new and the entry area makes a nice impression; very modern and sleek. The King Suite in which we stayed was generally spacious, though a bit oddly configured. More on this later. The Marriott is located just off highway 20 for easy access to Idaho Falls. It's a short drive up to the BYU Idaho campus in Rexburg. The room was quiet and seemed very well insulated. The ice maker is across from the room in which we stayed and we could not hear it inside our room. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, which we always appreciate. The King bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast was fine and fairly typical of free hotel breakfasts, except for the fact that, on the two mornings we were there at least, there was little if any fruit available. One morning we were told the coffee maker was broken and no coffee was available. No big deal, but a bit of surprise and inconvenience.

Now for the challenges: Starting with room configuration, the closet door is obstructed by the bed table. To get into the closet, one needs to move the table to the other side of the room. We were told the King Suites do not have luggage valets and Housekeeping seemed unable or disinclined to provide us with one. Luggage, therefore, sits on a slatted frame on top of the a/c unit, obstructing the air flow. It was 90+ degrees during the days of our visit, This is a poor design, particularly given that the facility is only 3 years old. The closet is far too small to stow two medium size suitcases. I can't help but wonder if the engineer, designer or architect was trying something new or different. It didn't work.

Perhaps the greatest disappointment was that, upon arriving in our room (101), we found carpet stains from one end of the floor to the next. I can only describe the number of stains as many, not few. I called the front desk and someone from housekeeping came immediately to clean the carpets. The young man that came was prompt, cheerful and did a great job. When he was done all the stains were gone.

Later that evening I got out an extra blanket to use and found a large stain on it. It looked pretty gross to be honest. This added to the stained carpet and some dusty fixtures (the top of the mini frig had a thick layer of dust) made us somewhat concerned about the overall cleanliness of the room. Given our room rate ($169 per night w/o tax), I think it's fair to expect closer attention to this most important detail.

Our first evening we went out to patio with the idea of sitting around the fire pit with some friends also staying at the hotel. It got pretty chilly both nights we were there and we would definitely have taken advantage of this amenity had it been operational. We were told by a staff member that the fire pit hadn't worked as long as she had been there. This was a minor, though added, disappointment.

Overall, I would recommend this property to someone going to, or around, Rexburg who wants/needs to stay close by. I will most likely look at other properties next time and take a pass on staying at the Spring Hill Suites in Rexburg. Though all the issues were minor, and perhaps even out-of-the ordinary (it's possible that our experience was not typical, as I hope is the case), cumulatively the disappointments outweigh the pluses for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EPLFan
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. Our room was roomy and the beds were very comfortable. The linen and towels were soft and fluffy. There was a large closet and the toilet/sink were separated from the tub/shower. The water is soft, wasn't use to the soapy feeling when rinsing off. There was a small double sleeper sofa, mini fridge and microwave. My turn off was the long red hair I found on the shower wall, the reddish colored build-up on the clear shower curtain and the crusty pink splotches on the extra linen packed away in the closet.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The beds are comfy. The most expensive room rates in Rexburg ID for a regular room. There were ants in the room and no coffee available in the lobby. Breakfast is available but food selections ran low. Not a bad choice but there are better choices available in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
SpringHill Suites Idaho Falls
#18 of 24 in Idaho Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Idaho Falls
La Quinta Inn & Suites Idaho Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Rexburg? Share your experiences!