“Wonderful hotel”

SpringHill Suites Rexburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rexburg
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times so far and it's always a wonderful experience. The bed is very comfortable and the rooms are always very clean. The pool is great and is open until late, which is always a plus. I actually like the bathroom set up. It's very convenient to have the toilet in one place and the shower in another. The only problem I have with the bathroom is the glass door because if someone decides to use the bathroom at 3 in the morning, once they turn on the light, the whole room is bright.
The breakfast is usually good. Not fantastic, but good enough to get you through the morning. It's also within an hour from Yellowstone, so it's a good place to stay if you're planning a day trip up to Yellowstone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here with my family and loved it! The decor was a breath of fresh air, and we loved the alternative design to normal somewhat lack lustre hotel rooms. We only stayed for 2 nights while we visited Yellowstone and Jackson Hole but I would love to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma A
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have stayed here several times while vistiing my son on campus. The staff is very friendly. The hotel is quiet. Breakfast is acceptable.

The room design is not well designed. The doors on the closet and bathrooms have smoked windows. Anyone getting up early will wake the others with the light coming through the doors.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank UglyHat
Reviewed March 12, 2012

First of all, I love trip advisor and use it to select hotels and restaurants everywhere I travel. I have learned to ignore the occasional bad experience review if it contrasts sharply with others.

That said, I just stayed at this property. (It is identical to a newer Springhill Suites in Provo, Utah. I have had a lot of upperscale furnishings design experience and I loved the layout. The privacy glass in the separate toilet and shower spaces matched the glass panels separating sleeping and work areas. The decor reminded me of the new Editions hotel in Honolulu by Marriott which rents for $300-400 a night.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The work desk had two outlets on the wall, an ethernet port and a lamp with two plug-ins in the base. I slid open one of the window panels and was easily able to plug in my iPhone and place it on the stand next to my bed.

The lobby is very comfortable and I found the breakfast appealing and adequate for this type of hotel.

Staff at check-in and check-out were among the friendliest and helpful I have encountered and I stay at hotels about 75 nights a year.

Location was a few blocks from BYU Idaho University and very convenient to I-15. There is an Applebees restaurant very close.

Cons: I agree with another reviewer. Whoever cooks the eggs should be more attentive. About 10% of the scrambled eggs in the warmer were burned. Had to pick through it. Everything else was great though.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank frequentflyergold52
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We will never stay here again and recommend to anyone that they sat somewhere else. The rooms are artistically decorated and at first glance we thought it would be fairly comfortable. The rooms have ZERO functionality. The microwave and refrigerator has no running water or counter space. While we don't drink coffee, we wonder how you could possibly use the coffee maker as there is no water, no counter space and no trashcan nearby to toss packages. Also no cups provided. The "living room" sofa space has about eight pillows piled up on the sofa. Looks fine, but where do you sit? There is one small room enclosure with a door, where there is a toilet and pedistal sink. No counter top. Not even 3" of counter top. Just a sink. The door is transparent class, so not real private. There is a closet with a regular door, so why must the toilet area door be glass? Then there is the enclosed shower room. Again; a glass door is not a great choice. There is about 6" of counter space on either side of the sink in the shower room. That is not enough space to lay out clothes, makeup, and personal items. Not a good design. The bed area has two queen beds. One bed has only a few inches of floor space to walk around it. The nightstand between the beds is only big enough for the phone and lamp that it there. Hope you don't want to set down a glass of water or a book. The other bed has a dresser with 3 drawers, but its tucked into the corner, barely accessible and basically useless. The heating/ air conditioning vent blows directly onto the second bed, but due to design flaws, doesn't circulate around the room. So we just turned it off so the person in the second bed did't have to deal with the annoyance of being blown on all night. The biggest problem by far is the lack of electrical outlets. Oddly, there are decorative mirrors on every available wall, but not a single electrical outlet near a mirror. The ONLY available electrical outlet is on the lamp on the nightstand between the beds. So my teenage daughter stood between the beds, nowhere near a mirror, and curled her hair. Again; don't think you could sit anything down on that nightstand- its microscopic! We are moving at this very moment to a nearby hotel. We will NOT ever stay here again, and don't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank PackUpTheFamily&Go
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My son and I stayed overnight before he checked in to his apartment in Rexburg. Staff was extremely helpful and kind. The hotel was booked solid but you wouldn't know it...plenty of space in the common areas except during breakfast. Our room was enormous and very clean. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Great experience!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Decor is different, but new and clean. Rooms were great! Slept 5 very comfortably. Breakfast was below average. Eggs were over cooked. Pool was small but fun. Staff was excellent!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rexburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU
Residence Inn Idaho Falls
Residence Inn Idaho Falls
#9 of 24 in Idaho Falls
La Quinta Inn & Suites Idaho Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Rexburg? Share your experiences!