“Much better than my last time here.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is my second time here and I can safely say the new owners of this property are rapidly turning it around. I was here late spring of 2012 and every facility had an out of order sign: the wireless internet, the spa, the guest computer, and the rooms had TVs from the 1980s.

I was visiting family again in the area last week and it seems the property changed ownership later this summer and they've done lots to bring the hotel on the up and up. Nothing this time had an out of order sign and the TVs in the rooms are brand new 40" plasmas. I had important work to do on my laptop and the wifi was fast enough to hold my wireless conference with clients.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve B

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Hotel was just a short drive to Coeur d'Alene. Very good value for the money. Room was very clean and reception staff was knowledgeable about the surrounding area and recommended good "day trips" as well as good restaurants. Not all rooms have bath tubs. There is no elevator in the two story hotel which could be a problem for someone not able to do stairs easily if nothing is available on the first floor. Breakfast was the usual fare. The breakfast room was clean and the coffee etc. was continually replenished.

Room Tip: Request ground floor room if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Betty668988
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was fine for our purposes. We wanted to spend time in Spokane and in Couer d'lene. and this hotel was located between those two cities. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The desk staff were pleasant and helpful . The included breakfast was typical of these sorts of hotel . It was good and there was enough for all.
On the downside the room was small and noise travelled easily from next door. -- We could hear our neighbour snoring.
All in all a reasonable stopover.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The price and location is good for an evening stop through or if you don't plan on being in your room all day; just simple and a little lacking in decor.
Vey nice staff and clean rooms. Decent breakfast. Pool was nice for the kids. Pet friendly a plus.
We stayed twice in passing through this last time. On the way back, we did get put into a room on the lower floor that smelled very bad of prior smokers. Sorry folks, I can't remember the number; maybe #205. I've stayed here prior and have never experienced this in other rooms. We're not huge complainers, but mentioned it to the staff, who appeared concerned and said to have noted this to management.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Glacier. We made the reservations online as we were driving. Quick and easy...won't complain. I did check on trip advisor first but the "better" hotels were almost twice as much. I just needed a place to crash for the night.

This was a motel. It's been a while since I stayed in a motel. The "25 inch TV" was a very old tube and not very clear to watch. Dang remote woudn't work right either. Very dated look too.

We felt safe, It was quiet there. Didn't eat the breakfast, but it was the usual fare.

I most likely wouldn't stay here again. I've stayed at other Choice hotels, so I expected a little more from this one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sleep Inn during a family vacation. The first problem was that there is no elevator in the 2 storey building so we had to haul all of our lugage up the stairs. When we got to our room it was okay, the bedding is out-dated and so is the TV but at least it was clean. That was our room, my Aunt opened the door to her room and it literally smelled like feces, I don't know if someone left a dirty diaper in there or what but it was disgusting. They changed the room for her without question, but who doesn't check on the rooms before they give out the keys?
The breakfast is free in the mornings and they do have a good selection of bagels, toast, cereal, etc so that was okay.
I just think that for $100 a night your money could be spent in a place less dingy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaG1216
Reviewed September 4, 2012

OK, pool closed for repairs or whatever, T.V. ancient, small room, tub backs up. Should have paid less for another hotel. Not as upsacle as it looks/sounds. Location is good right off the interstate, but there is another hotel close by that I would try. Free breakfast is....free.

Room Tip: Dont get the handicap room, terrible shower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PostFallsSleepInn, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

First off, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to tend to your travel needs. I wanted to point out that this Sleep Inn has just changed ownership last week and we're turning everything around as fast as possible. The pool was indeed out for 2 days (the pump went out). The pump has been replaced and the pool is in working order. The TV's will all be replaced within the next month with flat panels. I hope you will consider giving us another chance the next time you travel this way to notice the improvements and renovations we will have put in place.
Best regards,

Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Liberty Lake
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!