“Clean, comfortable, not the best location”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was our first trip to Post Falls, as we were on our way to California and so I didn't know the neighborhoods. I don't think this was the best neighborhood, and it was right next to a highway, that evening there were police cars in the parking lot. That being said we actually didn't hear the highway much, the room was nice, comfortable, beds were good and we slept well. We also were able to find food nearby which was convenient as we arrived around dinner time. All in all our stay was good, and the room was affordable, but i might stay in another area next time as i was nervous about our car in the parking lot. (everything was fine - but seeing police questionning someone in the parking lot of the hotel you are staying in isn't that reassuring. ).

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stay at the Comfort Inn because of their dog-friendly policy. We love the Comfort Inn in Spokane Valley - but it was booked at the time of our stay so we chose the Post Falls location.
We appreciate that they are dog friendly and there was a large area for them to do their "doggy" business when necessary. We also love that it is small and not as booked as other Comfort Inn locations which makes it easier to move in and out of our rooms w/ our dogs.
The accommodations were clean, The front desk was polite. There was ample parking.
On the down side, there was a problem with our toilet. Bad reception for other than cable stations. Because of the low volume of guests, the breakfast station was not supplied often for hot food items.
While we preferred the Spokane Valley location, this is an adequate substitute if the other location is booked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

First, let me say that the hotel itself was clean and updated, and the beds were ridiculously comfortable. I didn't personally run into any staff, but my boyfriend said the gal at the front desk was pleasant. We had a reservation, and after a long day of traveling, we were just grateful for a place to sleep. We enjoyed the hot breakfast the next morning, although we had to take it back to our room because the tables were all full of people hanging out talking, not eating. Still, everything was good, including the coffee.
One personal note: this hotel is a tad off the beaten path, although you can see it from the interstate. When my boyfriend was checking us in, a woman came in that was heavily intoxicated. She later tried to talk to us in the parking lot (which is thankfully well lit) while we were unloading our vehicle. Not really Comfort Inn's fault or issue, but it did leave a mark on our experience there. I would likely stay here again if the need arose, but I would also be using the typical hotel advice of keeping your valuables locked and your room door bolted.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed October 12, 2013

ADA law states: "Staff cannot ask about the person’s disability, require medical documentation, require a special identification card or training documentation for the dog, or ask that the dog demonstrate its ability to perform the work or task. " yet, when I went to check into this hotel I was asked for "medical documentation" to waive the pet fee they have for my mother's service dog. I politely told Andrew (the manager) that this is illegeal for him to ask for it. He said he'd ask for whatever he wanted. I got on their computer in the loby and printed up the ADA laws regarding service dogs, and when I went to show it to him, he said "sorry, we won't be renting you a room." I then asked if I could speak with his boss, he said no and if I didn't leave the property, he would call the cops. I stayed because I thought the police would know the LAW and let him know he was in violation. Even after pointing out to the officer who responded the ADA sheet I'd printed he mentioned other things they "could ask"....the things they "could" ask were never asked. I was upset because he was asking for things he legally could NOT ask. As I was leaving, Andrew said "I didn't refuse to rent you a room because of your dog, I refused because you threatened to get a lawyer and sue us", which I did only because he first violated my mother's rights as a disabled person. We ended up at Motel 6 in Coeur d'Alene because of their policy of allowing pets with no fees (even though, legally, a service dog is not a "pet") so we wouldn't have to deal with ignorant people like we faced at this motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kadoka82
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel was in a quiet, secluded area, yet very close to shops, stores, or restaurants that WE needed. There aren't a LOT of rooms, so breakfasts were never crowded. The staff was very friendly and courteous, and the room and beds were perfect after many busy days! A favorite feature was that amazing aroma from the Carolina Basswood trees nearby that we would be greeted with as we walked outside each day! That completed a perfect stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

wouldn't stay again!! after a long day of traveling and not familiar with the area we stopped at the comfort inn. we asked the manager if he could show us a room. he said he couldn't leave the front desk 'because his phone wasn't working'. asked for a key so we could look at the room. he said he couldn't give us one because 'he didn't know what we would do to the room'. that should have thrown a flag and we should have left at that time, instead we took the room. smelled like a febreeze bottle blew up in the room. my wife is sensitive to perfumes so we sprinkled coffee grounds around to absorb the smell and opened the window. later i saw the manager outside for about a half hour visiting with friends that stopped in. i guess his phone must have started working!!!!!!!!!!!!!?? manager is a snot-nosed kid and needs a lesson in customer service. don't know who owns this motel but i think i would be looking for a new manager. slept good and breakfast was ok but will never stay here again due to the attitude of the manager. we were on vacation for 3 weeks and this was the worse hotel we stayed at.

Room Tip: get a room at another motel unless you like the smell of febreeze
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank renter13
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was pleased to get a room last minute at what I felt to be a good price. Service fine checking in and I was quickly set up in my room. It was clean with exception of painting glass in bathroom, which was nasty. I went to close curtains but they are nailed in place without rods, so room exposed to people walking by. I then noted the screen was bent, as if its been pried off before, so I felt unsafe. I then noted my bedroom door was chipped and metal lock didn't feel like it was catching. I ended up putting tire iron in window to prevent it from being accessible and used the ironing board to bar door from forcibly being opened. This was probably silliness on my part, but I felt unsafe . I think they should fix that screen window if nothing else. Next day I saw lots of families, etc and they seemed happy with stay. The beds were comfortable, but noise from other rooms and hallway comes right through. The breakfast was good. I dont really plan on staying in this town again, but would look for other hotels before considering this, & would request not to stay in room 119 again

• Stayed: August 2013
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
Days Inn Coeur d'Alene
#7 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!