“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Post Falls
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed at Templins and drove to Silverwood. Great Hotel 4 blocks off of I-90. Rooms were spacious beautiful setting on the river. Minor gripes No coffee in the lobby, no TV in the lobby, no free breakfast. The continental breakfast you paid for was sub par but the restaurant was very nice. This Hotel is large 5 sections two-three story buildings. Walk in the morning to the lobby to not find coffee and news on TV was dissappointing.
Bonuses: Large quiet rooms, kids loved the pool ,very romantic setting, Staff is awesome!

Room Tip: Pricelined rooms here for $65 a night
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SoccerUp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Seattle
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights while visiting Silverwood theme park. The hotel didn't "Wow" us, but, it did meet our expectations for a clean room with comfortable beds at a fair price. The breakfast buffet was just "ok"...the standard choice of cereals, yogurt, low end pastries, juices and coffee, but also included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, and breakfast potatoes. Some room packages included a complimentary breakfast buffet, but, we used Priceline for the room, so, we had to pay for our breakfast...$8 / adult and kids ate free. Considering the price and convenience, it was worth it.

The rooms had a coffee maker, microwave and mini frig. The bathroom was clean, and the water pressure was great in the shower. One minus is that the TV's haven't yet been upgraded to flat panels. ..but, it's not like we were there to watch tv. In general, a standard hotel with no surprises. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We bid for the hotel using priceline, and had no problems during check-in.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank koakea
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our visit to the Red Lion in Post Falls was a mixed bag. The room was clean, but needed to be updated. The river view room for which we paid extra was on the first floor with no view. The best part was dinner in the Mallard Lounge which was quite good.

Room Tip: If you really want a river view, make sure you get a room on at least the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jred922
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 1 night while visiting Silverwood Theme Park. We got a discounted price via Travelocity, I would not have paid their listed price. Front desk was very helpful. There are 2 dining options on the property. One overpriced hotel restaurant and a walk up burger joint by the water. We opted for an upgrade to the waterview room with a balcony, which was nice. Overall a 2 12 star property at a 3 or 4 star price.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a waterview room. Well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank fosterk
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2011

When my husband and I we mentioned we were going to go to Northern Idaho to visit the sun with our 2 year old my parents asked if they could come to and could we please stay at Templins. My parents had stayed there one year ago and had a nice time. In reading the reviews, I was reluctant because it seemed like with a visit to Templins, the experience is either really great or really terrible but my Mom just raved about her trip and was really looking forward to another stay there.

Things started okay but quickly got worse when on the 3rd day of our stay we called down to the front desk at 2p to ask for a bed linen change (due to an accident the night before). When we got back to the room from a long day out at 9:30p our sheets had not been changed. With a tired, crying toddler I called down to the front desk and they said they would send housekeeping right up. We waited several minutes and no one came. So I decided to strip off the sheets myself so we could quickly get the new sheets on when housekeeping arrived. When I pulled off the sheets there on the liner of the bed was a bright red bug.

Concerned that it could possibly be a bed bug I called down to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager. I was put on hold for 10-15 minutes and finally the front desk person came back and said that the manager had left, when I told her that there was a bug in the bed, and asked that the manager return to inspect it- they did.
During this time housekeeping also never showed up- The bug was caught and we were transferred to another room. The night manager was great and very helpful. We stayed up all night washing our clothes and left behind our suitcases to err on the side of caution just in case. I books rooms on Hotwire all the time and have never had this happen before I called to let them know what was going on. Hotwire called the hotel had only authorized a $50 Hotwire Credit towards a future trip and said the hotel told them we would need to speak with the manager. We went to the front desk and told them we would be checking out a day early due to the ordeal and she said we would have to speak with the morning manager.

In the morning, in the new room my 2 year old son was playing in the corner next to the night stand, I went to move him away from the corner and was horrified to see toenail clippings from the previous guest on the carpet (picture attached). We packed up our stuff and headed out right away but had to speak to the manager on duty to check out. We waited for several minutes and she took us back to the back office, she informed us that it was not a bed bug and then asked for a detailed account of what happened so I went through everything again and at times I felt a bit like I was being interrogated. She said that I would need to contact Hotwire for any adjustment. I told her that we had already called Hotwire and they called the Hotel and were told that we needed to speak with the manager. She said she could not help us that we would need to wait until the manager was back and she would call us. We'll keep you posted as we're still waiting on that call.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank modermouth

Travelers are raving about these Post Falls hotels

Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Average mid-level hotel at above average prices. Not a well maintained property, especially at the price. No excuse for permanent stain in shower curtain, dirty upholstery, clogged shower head.

• Stayed July 2011
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have stayed here one weekend every summer since discovering this place 3 years ago. Best location on the river and most comfy beds. If your room is not quite ready, go have a drink on the deck ....relax .... life is good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Quality Inn
#4 of 5 in Post Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
Hampton Inn & Suites Coeur d'Alene

Been to Red Lion Templin’s Hotel on the River? Share your experiences!