“Good food, good value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Post Falls, Idaho
“Good food, good value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Chips and salsa always good and fresh! Margarita's are always good and good size for the money. Food is fresh and get more than enough for the money. Lots to choose from and special orders don't upset them, and they get it right every time!!

Many time's you can find a coupon in the local paper's for buy 1 dinner get one half off. We did not have one the last time we were there, but a lady at the table next to us gave us her extra one. Was a nice surprise!

If your looking for good Mexican at a good price give them a try!!

• Visited July 2013

Spokane, Washington
“A Mexican Gem between Spokane and Coeur d' Alene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I went to La Cabana for the 4th time in recent months and I just had to write this review. Like so many really good Mexican restaurants the building is not some modern extravaganza. It's simple (may have been a house once) and decorated with real Mexican decor and colors. Very easy access off I90 using exit 6.

We are former Californians and have been looking for a really good chili rellano like they made there in small restaurants 30 years ago. This is one of the best we have had in a long time-in California or the Northwest. It does not have a dark red sauce but a lighter sauce filled with flavor-so yummy. And it was actually heated all the way through which sems to be a rarity these days. The chili was a nice size and full of oozing white cheese (the traditional Jack I believe) I also had a beef enchilada and it was excellent. The beans & rice and chips & salsa were good too. My husband had the same and loved it too.

We have lived in Spokane for 30 years but recently moved to Coeur d'Alene so we are happily finding lots of new places to eat in the area and in Post Falls. The server was very friendly and helpful. It really gave us deja vu for some of our old haunts in California. We have found no other true Mexican food in the area, most is very commercialized, so we will be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JanisSpokane
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Family-owned authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stopped at La Cabana on the spur of the moment because I liked the look of the place and the parking lot was full on a Thursday night. I was not disappointed. They clearly have a lot of regulars and do a brisk carry-out business in addition to their sit-down dining.
As seems to be the case in Mexican joints, they have an extensive menu which I perused leisurely while sipping on a Dos Equis. They served a bowl of excellent chips and two salsa choices: mild and hot. I found the hot sauce to be quite mild, but tasty. I asked for salsa verde, but they do not have it. They do however make a green sauce from green bell pepper. Since I had never seen this choice in a Mexican restaurant before, I asked for a sample, which they cheerfully provided. It was very tasty and I made a point of asking the proprietor about it. He said that when they started the restaurant 40 years ago, the availability of the tomatillos used in making salsa verde was unpredictable in Post Falls, so they developed the green pepper sauce. I suggest you try it when you eat there.
Although I usually choose a chicken burrito as my test in a new restaurant, I opted for the Machaca plate (beef and scrambled eggs) with rice and beans and a side of guacamole. It was very flavorful overall, but the guacamole was a bit disappointing.
I will definitely eat here on my next trip to Post falls.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ol_blue
Post Falls, Idaho
“Absolutly no taste!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Honestly it was not good. First I was looking for good food no matter the quality how they served. But, mixing cheese and flower to make it as enchilada and adding other things in it does not create an enchilada!!!
They have to make food delicious food, that is the thought and work on the quality later or little by little.
No taste!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“A hankering for Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was a spur of the moment decision to enjoy some mexican food while out doing lots of last minute Christmas shopping. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. I tend to defaut to the chimichanga when in a new restaurant and I was not disappointed with my choice. The sides and garnishes hit the mark and I got my American/Mexican fix. They even added the tortilla chips and salsa that I did not order. It is definitely the western version of authentic Mexican but it is good food served warm. Plus it hits the spot and takes care of a Mexican craving.

• Visited December 2011