“Poor Customer Service”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I never write poor reviews, normally I only write positive ones and if I happen to have anything negative to say then I don't say at all...but I was so appalled by the customer service tonight that alas here I am preparing to write a poor review.
I placed an order to go, for the first time, and ordered from their online menu, apparently the website and menu (which is the first thing that pops up in google) is not up-to-date. I picked up my order, they showed me my food, which looked a little off, but it thought things were buried under other food. When I got home my food was already cold (I live less than 5 minutes away), warmed it up and sat down to enjoy my meal, only to discover it was not what was advertised online (nor what I remembered from a previous visit--prior to menu change). I called them back, thinking that maybe I ended up with someone else's meal, only to be degraded for using the online menu. First, there was a young lady who answered the phone. She was pleasant and offered to fix it, I agreed, she put me on hold and the next thing I know the gentlemen with a heavy accent (manager?) who took my order picked up the line and said that it was the correct order. I told him there was no pasta as advertisement the menu, and he continued to tell me that the website is no longer theirs and the menu is incorrect. I asked him how I was suppose to know that, considering the last time I ordered the meal it was what I expected, not this new menu. He said he would correct the meal, but had an attitude about the situation. When I went to pick up the replacement meal, the gentleman who serviced me, showed me the food again and said "I thought we did this the first time." I apologized and told him that I thought it was the correct thing the first time and that the pasta was buried at the bottom of the bowl. Overall, I felt degrated and mistreated, after paying $20 for a simple meal. Apparently you cannot use the website, nor count on them to verify which menu you used while placing an order over the phone. What was a simple mistake, turned into a very upsetting experience for this repeat customer, but I will no longer be visiting or ordering from his restaurant. My advice to owner and manager of G.W. Hunters to train your employees on proper customer service.

2  Thank Sara H

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Many people prefer Elk to most types of red meat, the problem is finding a restaurant that serves it. The most healthy red meat to be found is Elk, with only 22% of the meat energy derived from fat, as compared with 35% to 46% for lamb and 33% for beef. Plus there are no injected chemicals in Elk. An 8 0z. lean Elk steak has about 320 calories, 8oz. of lean Beef has about 430 calories. GW Hunters is the only restaurant in the area the serves Elk steak everyday of the week they are open. The prices at GW's are right in line and the service is great. If a person doesn't want to experience Elk steak they also have Beef, the breakfast menu is also hard to beat with a good sized portions and cooked to perfections.(over easy for my eggs)

I have been a few times where they could have used more seating, it was very crowded. Crowded is a good thing I guess, it means they must be doing something right. The location is easy on and off I-90 at exit number 5, it is located just a hundred fifty feet north of I-90 in Post Falls. This is a must do fun experience when in the area. If you google "GWHUNTERS" the restaurants webpage will show up. I rate the is one of my favorite places to eat in all of North Idaho.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hunter's recently changed owners, and I wanted to stop by and give it a try. Same old Hunter's and I mean that in a good way. They have a very good Northwest menu, and some exotics like Alligator appetizers and Elk lasagna . The coffee is always hot, and the food fresh. As such don't be in a hurry. Nothing is coming out of the micro wave. They have recently become fully licensed and as the move to increase their lounge are, adult beverages will be available for every taste. Service is excellent, with everyone wanting you to have a good dining experience

Glad I stopped by.

1  Thank wdlander
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just had breakfast here and walked out very happy. The portions were large and the variety was very good which made it hard to choose. I had a salmon omelet with potatoes and texas style toast. My wife had meat lovers platter with a homemade biscuit. Excellent meal.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Buffalo, Elk, and Beef fixed just about any way you can imagine but if you are a vegetarian like me there is an ample number of suitable menu items. Great food at reasonable price make this rustic place a "come back again" candidate.