“Another great Post Falls surprise”

G W Hunters Restaurant Steak HSE
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Post Falls
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast and were happy we did! Atmosphere is great if you like the stuffed animal scene. The employees all were busy, but efficient and very friendly. The four of us ordered different items and we all felt we had the best food. The corned beef hash is that rare home made kind with real corned beef! Price was fair, and coffee was good.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was wanting a small steak for lunch ala "sizzler". I ordered an 8 oz med rare. with fries and a cup of elk noodle soup .Wife had firehouse chicken sand with salad. Soup tasted like canned minestrone with flat noodles and dry tough pieces of elk instead of shell noodles and beans. It was pretty good even though it was far from what I expected. Steak came and was totally hammered. Past well done. I cut one piece off and asked waitress "is this medium rare?" She took it away from me and said "we will re-fire this for you". She did but it took so long that my wife (who is a slow eater) was finished before I got my food. She was pleased with her food. When my food finally arrived, It was cooked to the rare side and I enjoyed it even though it was one of the stringiest, toughest pieces of meat I have had in ages. For the price I didn't expect anything else and the waitress refused to let me pay for it. I would rather have had a good experience but these things happen. The place was surprisingly busy and others that I observed were pleased. Service and food were well prepared with the exception of my hammered steak. I found the decor acceptable and didn't see any of the untidiness seen by other reviewers. But for the steak; it was acceptable.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food is horrible. The decor is dated and dirty. The seat we sat in had a hole in it. Wouldn'd recommend or go back.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place has a great selection of exotic meats for your dining pleasure. I had the Yak Burger. Yes I said Yak. It was cooked well and the prices were fair.

I also had an old fashioned shake that was enough for two.

the menu was a nice selection of elk, buffalo, yak, beef and seafood.

Well worth the visit if you are in the area.

1  Thank photoclark
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place has really good food. I have tried the chicken fried steak and the cajun shrimp pasta and they are both amazing! The side veggies aren't usually very appetizing, but who has enough room after these entree portion sizes?! Not really family friendly but overall good place.