“just another teppanyaki place” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Post Falls
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
St. George, Utah
“just another teppanyaki place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Benihana's is to japanese cooking as Chucky cheese is to Italian. Both are all show and bad food. I checked out the menu at Fu-ki before going there. It showed donburi bowls, tempura and hibachi food. I wanted some hibachi grilled meat and tempura vegetables and this seemed to be the place. I was wrong. a hibachi is a container (usually square and cast iron but may be round and ceramic) with charcoal briquettes in it. Here it is called hibachi style and cooked on a flat top by a cook with a tall toque on his head who tries to impress with knife skills and ability to throw shrimp with a spatula. It is just an attempt to copy Benihana's. Still looking for meat cooked over briquettes. This is entertaining but mediocre food.

• Visited May 2013

Idaho
“Only 16th in Post Falls? Should be in top 5!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been there with other members of the family on several different occasions including lunches and dinners. We have eaten at the teppanyaki tables and in the sushi area getting to sample many different things on the menu. I have yet to hear one single complaint about the food that was served to my family! Everyone just keeps talking about how flavorful and delicious the food is. Being a little picky, I've tried several times to check for a fishy smell in our sushi and simply cannot find it. In my opinion, this is as fine as any Japanese food I've had around the U.S.!

Also, the staff has always been very attentive and friendly and the chefs knock themselves out to entertain you!
Please give them a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We've lived here for over 11 years and we're so happy to welcome Fuki Steakhouse to Post Falls! We want and need this type of quality restaurant in Post Falls. I do hope that the word of mouth keeps spreading and the locals as well as visitors continue to support this business because it's one of the good ones!

• Visited November 2012
Hayden, Idaho
“Our night was a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I took out my family for my wife's birthday and had a blast. The atmosphere was festive and
our cook BJ was a riot. The food was properly priced and prepared to perfection in front of us.
We kept the saki flowing too! Give Fu-ki a try. You'll enjoy it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Yummy Sushi and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I had the Fu Ki salad and it was delicious! It is an excellent value at $15 with lots of sashimi. I order this whenever I am in Post Falls and have time for lunch

Inland Northwest, Us
“Great entertainment, exceptional food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited Fu-ki twice this month. Our first visit was with eight people. We sat at a grill where we were thoroughly entertained by one of the chefs! The food was amazing. We started our meal with a variety of appetizers! Several of us had sushi rolls as an entree. I had the Dragon Roll, the Sea Bass Appetizer and my husband loved his Scallops prepared on the grill. The grilled entrees were excellent - seasoned and prepared to perfection at our table. One member of our party was so impressed that he went back inside to tip the chef from our table separately!
My second visit was for lunch. I shared the Tempura Roll with my daughter as an entree and had a Calamari appetizer. My daughter had the Jalapeno Popper appetizer which was extremely hot! We ordered a "kid's meal" for my 3 year old grand daughter. She had grilled chicken and veggies with soup and fried rice. It was too much for her to finish, but she loved it. I love this restaurant and will visit it often when I am in Post Falls.

• Visited August 2012