Riverbend Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Post Falls)
Quality Inn(Post Falls)
View Hotel
My Place Hotel - Spokane Valley, WA(Spokane Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewsenglish muffinswe've stayedcoeur d'alenerooms are cleanspokanedoorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very handy location just off the I-90, but no outside noise that I could hear. It is an older property, management did what they could, and I think it offered very good value for what I paid for (Priceline). The bathroom is renovated and beds are clean, flat screen LCD Tv, free breakfast is adequate ( I had worse in higher ranked properties). I have no problem with front desk staff, checked in in less than 2 minutes, 1 staff handled myself and another guest together with no problem. The floors and walls are weak, and you can hear all the noise from above, if you want quiet, get an upstairs room and bring ear plugs (I always do because of noisy AC). The inn was very empty during my stay, other than foot steps from above, it was very quiet. For a one-nighter shower/bed/breakfast kind of stay I definitely will stay here again. If you want a pampered vacation long stay, look somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got Riverbend Inn, Post Falls, Idaho, on an express deal on Priceline. It was a great price but I did get what I paid for. The staff at check in were pleasant. The room was cleaned even if was outdated, run down, and lacking in any kind of pleasantry. The Inn is at the bottom of a heavily traveled off ramp to two major truck stops. We were concerned since we were on the freeway side of the motel. Turns out, we didn't hear one truck! It was extremely quiet. The parking lot was not full so I doubt the motel was booked so maybe the lack of patrons made it a little more quiet. Nonetheless, we didn't hear the truck traffic or any other activity for that matter. I can see where the Riverbend would be a decent place for those really clutching their pennies or those in need of a bed and a shower and not much more. The TV reception was horrific on a small TV with a large protrusion from the backside that I'm sure weighed 50 lbs. We did not use the pool or hot tub. We paid $35 a night which is a heck of a buy in the area but will release some more pennies next time we book to avoid getting this place. I never thought myself a snob but maybe I am. Priceline gave it 2 stars. I notice the difference on Priceline from even 2 to 2 1/2 half stars can be significant. I will give it 2 stars because I equate a 1 star with something pretty terrible. This place wasn't terrible but it wasn't my cup of tea.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michalita
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Negatives:
My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights. We got it thru Priceline which is non-refundable, otherwise we would have left after the first night. We had loud neighbours next door banging on the wall late at night and we banged back to give them a sign to be quiet. At 7:30 am next morning the kids staying on the other side of our room started running and slamming doors, and my husband politely asked their mother to keep them quiet. In the evening we were confronted by the front desk lady and were told that we caused a disturbance in the hotel and "harassed" other guests. When my husband tried to reason with her and demanded a logical, intelligent explanation for this, the motel clerk got extremely mad and threatened to call the police!! We were actually told if we have any more problems with our neighbours who make noise, and we complain about it, we will be considered problematic guests and will therefore be asked to leave. Can you believe that??? Stay away from this hotel!!
Contributing to the problem is that the walls are relatively thin and you can easily hear your neighbors. Beds were also very hard and uncomfortable.
Through priceline this motel was erroneously considered a "Two Star", which it is definitely not. At best it's a one star.

Positives:
Room was very clean. Housekeeping did a good job and brought us, almost immediately,a microwave and refridgerator which we asked for. We tipped her.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria B
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The front desk people were EXTREMELY rude! Don't go sit in the hot tub with your friends because they will come in and tell you to "shut up, you're being too loud and I can hear you at the front desk" never mind that the door was shut, the jets were on so we couldn't hear each other unless we raised our voices, and the front desk was only 20 feet down the hall. As far as the rooms, the beds were so hard we didn't sleep the first night, the second night we ran to the local Walmart and purchased a memory foam pad for the bed, it made it tolerable. The sheets had "spots" on them which WERE NOT from us, and the box springs had some sort of stains on both beds. For some reason our friends room had a microwave and mini fridge but ours didn't and we paid the same price. The hallway ALWAYS stunk but when we complained we got a different excuse every time. "No Pets" yet there was a dog barking on the first floor. "Secure Building @ 10:00pm" but when we got back to the motel at 11:30pm the
door at the far end of the building was unlocked and stayed unlocked all night. In short, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! It is obvious these people don't care about their guests.... We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Smjbcrowl
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a very nice motel at very great price (we had a coupon for $60 some) and seemed to be cheaper than Couer d' Lane. It has great location being close to I-90 and plenty of parking for big vehicles (two truck stops nearby, one is across the street). The rooms are nice and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast is very good (one of the best you'll find) and has ample seating for guests. We thought the staff was very friendly! We found restaurants and other conveniences within 10 mins as well as few bars/lounges within a few mins.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family