“Lovely dining experience!”

Ranked #2 of 92 Restaurants in Post Falls
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Couldn't find an internet site for the restaurant, but if you google, you will find fantastic reviews.
“Lovely dining experience!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Came for an anniversary dinner and had such a great experience I couldn't wait to post!
This is such a gem in our area! Great service and attention, and the food was exceptional.
I wish that i was more organized and thought ahead enough to make reservations more often! On a Thursday night the place was almost completly full, which is a great thing! Thank you for an amazing anniversary dinner celebration!

1 Thank Kelleykat

“Beautiful!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went with my family for a surprise birthday party. The atmosphere was beautiful and the food exquisite...especially for this area. I had the ravioli with truffles and chicken and it was amazing. Since we were with 8 others, I was able to tast most everything and the only thing that was disappointing was the Ragu pasta dish...it was quite bland (and the italian woman who ordered it was quite sad). Everything else, including the Lemon Drops, were fantastic! The owners were on hand to visit with...I LOVED that! The view, the inside atmosphere, the outside ambience, and the entire evening were simply wonderful!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Jensons
Issaquah, WA
“Excellent food but ...”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

First, a tip on finding this place: it's inside the same building as the Highlands Day Spa. Look for the main entrance of the building (which faces east). Enter and go past the spa entrance to the restaurant entrance which is tucked into the back.

I'm knocking the review down from five stars to four for a couple of reasons: (1) noise -- lively room, kitchen wide open to transmit sounds into the dining room, etc. (2) Minor service glitches. I ordered iced tea and asked for simple syrup, which was delivered as requested. Great! But! I was not offered a refill, another drink, nothing (although my water glass was kept full so I wasn't suffering).

Overall we had a lovely meal and highly recommend the place.

1 Thank WAEpicure
North Idaho
“"Rude Beyond Perfection"?”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have eaten at Fleur de Sel more times than I can count, rarely less than twice a month. I have frequently seen "perfection", particularly in some of Laurent's unusual catch-of-the-day offerings. Never have I seen "rudeness". Patricia is the perfect (gracious, professional) hostess. The wait staff is well-informed and can describe every dish on the menu. The menu changes with the season but there are always some interesting specials.

If I had any criticism (which I don't) it would be that the food is better than the menu descriptions of it. For example, the Shrimp & Vegetable Friture is like a tastier, lighter version of Japanese tempura. Likewise, the Charred Baby Octopus is much richer than it sounds (not to mention more tender).

My advice to the couple who didn't get a table, "make a reservation".

2 Thank MMillioni
Spokane, Washington
“Five Star Experience”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent service, a warm, friendly, professional staff, and extraordinary food are the hallmarks of Fleur de Sel. We eat in restaurants 3-4 times a week and since our first visit a year ago Fleur de Sel has become a weekly regular. When we want to treat family and friends this is where we go. This intimate restaurant is a family affair and you soon are made to feel part of the family. The food, staff, and atmosphere makes dining there always a truly special experience.

2 Thank Kristi H