“Surprised!”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
“Surprised!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were surprised by what we got for the price we paid. We paid $45/night (with a AAA discount). The rooms are a bit dated and could use a little updating, but were clean. We inspect the rooms before we get comfortable, just in case we need to make adjustments to our schedule/reservation. Needless to say, we unpacked. Included in the price was a continental breakfast (waffles, cereal, bagels and fruit cup). The staff at the front desk (we experienced 3 different shifts while we were there) was friendly and helpful. It is located close to area attractions (including the zoo, Idaho State University and the Clean Museum). If you are planning on visiting someone or something in the Pocatello area, give Rodeway Inn a call.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed March 12, 2014

It was cold and windy when I checked in. I had a corner room on the second floor. The wind was pounding against the very cheap window. I tucked the curtain in to lessen the noise and draft. I put a chair and pillow up against the heater/air conditioner as air and noise was being emitted from it. I didn't need the heat on as the temp in the room was adequate. The toilet would run for a few seconds every 30 or 40 minutes so I closed the bathroom door. The furniture in the room looked like it was from a bigger, nicer hotel. Now it was crammed in this one. So, getting around was tight. The refrigerator was on the floor, so when I opened the door it would rub against the carpet. That's an easy fix folks, just put a couple of 2 x 4 scraps of wood under it and get it off the floor.
Anyway, with the wind and the toilet noise I thought "oh boy, this is going to be a long night." Well, luckily the wind died down and I didn't hear the toilet running with the door closed. So, I actually got a very good nights sleep! That's all that mattered to me the next morning.
I usually stay at a little higher end "Choice Hotels" than this one, but wasn't able to get a reservation on such short notice. This hotel will do in a pinch, but I won't stay here again unless I have to.
I found the staff to be friendly though. And that's always a good thing, no matter what.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael T
Louise M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn University, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Michael--I apologize for your disappointing stay at our property and I appreciate you letting me know that your stay was less than perfect. This time of year we do have strong winds here in Eastern Idaho--I wish we had climate more like your area in Northern Idaho. I am meeting with my staff this morning to go over your response to make sure the problems are fixed. Again I apologize. I will also pass on your kind words about my staff. Sincerely Louise, GM
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This property is very run down, and dated. The bath tub has stains and a crack in the surround. The hand rail in the bath was falling off. Noticed the sheets had stains on them, and the shower curtain rod was rusty. The breakfast did not have fresh fruit, little cups of canned fruit instead. Will say the staff was friendly. We left this location after one night, and moved to another hotel in area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank victoria u
Louise M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn University, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hello--I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience at our property, We very much appreciate you telling us about your concerns. It is an older facility and we work very hard to see that our guests are comfortable. At the present time we are working up on several upgrades. The Rodeway Inn is an economy brand with economy rates and therefore is only required to have a very limited breakfast. We are proud to have expanded ours to include fresh baked waffles, hot and cold cereals, bagels and cream cheese, the fruit cocktail and more. Thank you again for advising us of your concerns. Sincerely, Louise

Travelers are raving about these Pocatello hotels

Saskatoon
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Very nice room, old-style TV, extremely friendly staff, fresh-baked cookies at 8pm provided by host. Nothing wrong with the location. Walked to The Bridge for supper (Canadian term for the last meal of the day)

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barney_Barn
Challis, Idaho
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The only two things going for this property are the rates (but you get what you pay for) and the cheery check-in staff member. The location isn't close to major shopping, i.e. the mall, etc but is close to downtown. Getting to the property via Interstate southbound is out-of-the-way. The accommodations are...shall I say...old. The shower curtain rod was rusty, the pillows were lumpy, the heater outdated and the breakfast was inadequate. The check-out clerk was obviously from the night-shift as he seemed completely uninterested. But hey, the place was quiet but then again there weren't many guests either.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KJA64
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The rooms were smaller than fancier hotels, but my room was extremely clean and the staff was the friendliest. This property makes the most out of its physical limitations. It's older and has older furniture, a box TV and no curved shower rod. However, I would stay at this property again for under $60 again and again. Some of the higher priced properties with more extensive amenities don't get the TLC of this property. Kudos to the management and staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo