“Bad Management - waited 4+ hours for a room!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Professional flight crew, booked rooms & arrived around 12:30. Were told no rooms available, so we went to get lunch.

Came back around 3pm (when they told us to come back & rooms would be ready), and rooms were...you guessed it...not ready. They said maybe 30 minutes or so, so we waited in the lobby. 45 minutes later, we asked & they were still not ready. Although apologetic, it was 4:15pm before we decided to call around to other hotels.

First one I tried had immediate rooms available. No problems checking in there. Staff of Clarion were apologetic, but didn't make an effort to call me or update me, or offer to put me up somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Pat B

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The rooms and facility could use some updating. The pool's decoration and design is pretty cool, but wished it was a little bigger. Pretty decent location being near the interstate. Considering not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Near Interstate
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I guess Pocatello is in the main traffic area for the number of motel. Ours was packed. It was OK but nothing special. Our rate of $80 was nice but no free breakfast. However you do get a coupon and the restaurant is a deal.

We will try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Be careful to not get a room on the indoor pool area. It was very noisy and the chlorine smell was...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place was built with potential. The rooms are a spacious space and everything from the lobby, restaurant and activities central area is jumbo. Even the entrance walk up area has space. Perhaps it was years, or lost horizons but it is a bit decrepit; rolling carpet, some peeling wallpaper and the activities area looked a bit used. But that doesnt take away the fact its still at least 10 dollars cheaper then the smaller one up the hill, not sure if I can say the name here but you know, rhymes with 'West Bestern'. Ive stayed there too, sure its smaller, classier and more cozy, but if you need a place to crash and have some fun this is the place.
The central pool center featured a plethora of activities, sauna and big hot tub (that could sit about 15 people), ping pong, foosball, and a travel center. Other activities that either were 'has beens' or working but not in good shape were a putting green, pool table and small arcade. I did see a workout room with equipement but Im not sure if it was not open or out of order, and of course, the pool! A good sized pool that could host a water volley ball game and then some. Most of the pool was shallow water so good for kids, and even had a waterfall of good height (perfect for a scalp and skull massage) and had some sort of wooden bear fixture on top. I hate to say it but had things looked just a bit more lively it would be a ideal lpace to bring kids or host a party; (not sure if it was because of lack of guests, or to many things were shut down) but the layout was akin to that of the infamous Wilson World hotel in Orlando and Caribbean Cove in Indianapolis. It simply did not seem to be peak season the night I stayed, but I could only imagine what all the noise level in that area would do to the rooms with doors facing it, so I got a key for the business center to find out, which was one of those rooms. Not much outside noise came in the room but then again, this may have been cause it didnt seem very packed the time of my stay.[and good for them providing keys to the computer room, kids should not be allowed to roam to free]. I assume they allow guests in the hot tub after hours (if they are quiet), a hotel employee moseyed on by to about 5 people in there at about 1 am and just smiled, but alas everyone was quiet.
Check in was a breeze, a huge, long desk right up front by the restaurant (if I recall there may have been 2 restaurants?) and nice furniture and lighting fixtures. The place was so big this is one of those where you REALLY have to get in your car and drive around to your room and not just leave it up front. It was a bit frustrating though, my room was way in the back (at one time another building/hotel all together? after all i did get the cheapest discounted rate) and had to walk all the way to the main pool area. The room was clean and had ample space. I forget if they offered free breakfast. My quickest memory is they did not but gave a discount to the restaurant, but I could be wrong about that.
The place is the best bargain in Poky, especially if you have kids and need some 'play space'. It suited my needs for my one nighter getaway to the lava hot springs.

Room Tip: Try to get one close to the pool area, but if you want the cheap rate I suppose you will be thrown i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Father's Day weekend.
We often stay at a member of Choice Hotels as they offer points towards free stays. Their current promotion is a $50 dollar gift certificate if you stay 2 nights. READ THE FINE PRINT! I didn't register for the promotion before I made the reservation; however, the clerk at the hotel suggested I call the promotion center. She said they may waive that requirement. You also have to make your reservation online. I like how easy it is to use their online reservation system.
Now about the Hotel -- It was clean, a little smaller than most, beds were OK. There was a group of families with young children staying there. They were enjoying the inside pool which is located right in the middle of most, if not all, of the rooms. VERY NOISEY, and it didn't stop at 10:00 p.m. I don't believe the employees even asked them to hold the noise level down. The splashing, laughing and screaming went on past 11:00 p.m.
Most Choice Hotels offer free breakfast. This hotel offered a $7 credit for three of us. Oh, and the coffee was free with breakfast. Bordering this property is a Comfort Inn. We will try that one next time. We paid a little over $100, which is more than we usually pay at Choice Hotels; however, usually we don't have our grandson with us.

Room Tip: If you aren't going to use the pool, ask for a room away from the pool. I'm not sure there...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2014

When we arrived I had a smoking room. However, it was on the second floor with no elevator. However, my father has a fractured ankle and would not be able handle the stairs.
Matt took care of the problem very efficiently!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: Keep in mind their is NOT an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The property has a full-service restaurant, so you do not receive the typical Choice Hotel free breakfast. They may provide you with a $7 off coupon towards made-to-order menu items (there is a $5 menu option right below the $5 buffet mini-menu on the table).

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple