“Clean rooms!”

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
“Clean rooms!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed for 1 night with our 4 kids in a suite. The pool side room we has was HUGE and had 2 bathrooms. A huge plus for larger families!! The hotel was very clean but dated (not a big deal). The kids had a great time playing ping ping and they ate free!! Wait staff were friendly and good with our kids. Overall an enjoyable stay for our one night in Idaho

• Stayed August 2013
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for you review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and were able to take full advantage of our amenities. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sandy
Reviewed July 22, 2013

After looking on Trip TripAdvisor and reading all reviews and pricing of hotels in Pocatello I decided on the Clarion Inn. It was ok..The Staff was very nice.
I was disappointed in the room...it wasn't clean..there was so much dust and dirt and who knows what on the floor behind the night stand-I had moved it forward a little looking for a place to plug in a Cpap machine. There was a nut shell left on the floor-I assume from the cleaning staff. The bathroom tub and area needed the tile grout bleached out and cleaned, just looked unclean.
I am not sure how old this hotel is, but it really needs some good cleaning!! I walked around the pool area and sat in the dry sauna and was disgusted at the dust and dirt on the floor!!??? Couldn't believe it!
The restaurant was nice and the staff there very nice...food was good...
We liked that the hotel was in good proximity to the freeway etc..and got around the town pretty easy....

Room Tip: We were on the bottom level facing pool area. We could hear running upstairs and people in the pool...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionInnPocatello, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello! We appreciate your business and your feedback!

I would like to apologize for the state of your room and our pool area. Your feedback has been shared with the housekeeping staff and immediate action has been taken to fix the situation.

I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the restaurant, location, staff and that your stay was overall enjoyable! We hope to see you again soon!
Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'd say as a 3-star one it's below average - location too close to the freeway, and when we switched to another room with a bit less noise, the wi-fi there was then even too weak to browse internet. Room was clean and tidy but may need some renovation soon, coz part of the furniture was very old.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello.

I would like to apologize that your stay was less than perfect. We are constantly making improvements in our guest rooms and to our amenities.

We appreciate the feedback and we hope that you will give us another chance for a great stay!
Sachse, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The room was good and the Internet connection was fast. It was close to Walmart. The indoor pool smelled like chlorine and it came inside our room. The laundry mat was good. No breakfast was provided.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've seen a few Clarions during my long traveling career, but this one was the most inviting and hospitable. Young girl at the front desk named Ashley checked us in with the speed of light, and bellhop Michael promptly showed us the room, helped us with the luggage and brought in fridge and microwave before I had a chance to start unpacking! Upon check-in we also got discount coupons for breakfast and lunch, which we gladly used - they have a great restaurant with very good breakfast served until 2 pm! The room was great, beds comfortable and we got housekeeping every day (we stayed 3 nights). Overall, very good exchange for the price we paid!! Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for you kind review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello. We appreciate your business and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Indio, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellently priced, friendly service, options, accessible and well appointed, not to mention a great restaurant was everything my uncle and I needed during our 3,000-plus mile genealogical journey from California to Montana, From my second act of desperation to find a room (my first was a call to Best Western, Pocatello which was met with a very unfriendly front desk receptionist), all the way to checkout I could not have been more please with the Clarion Inn. In fact, staying in about ten rooms during my twelve day marathon, the Clarion is tied at the top with LeRitz of Idaho Falls, Idaho (I'll write a separate review for them). I had a AAA book and a Hotel Coupon book and the assistance of Ashley to find an excellent price on the room. She offered us a room facing the indoor pool, or facing the parking lot (which we choose for easy access to vehicle since I'm a disabled war veteran and my uncle, well, he's just old). She had everything ready for us at check-in. While very friendly, she was also a true professional and kept everything rolling at the front desk. We had space in our room for two computers, two sizable beds and room to spread out toiletries for the both of us.Ashley gave us a 'two-for-one' coupon for their restaurant where we each had Rib-eye steaks, cooked to perfection. The severs wanted us to eat breakfast with them so they gave us generous coupons, which was all we needed to provide us the morning fuel to propel us on our journey. My uncle likes his steaks rare. With a family background of cattle ranching one can only imagine his pickyness. He was so fascinated by the perfection of his steak with eggs he insisted on seeing the cook to give him high praise. "I could cut the steak with a fork" he said. "This is one of the best prepared steaks I've had in my lifetime, which has been long and carnivorous". We learned that this chef cooks breakfast, goes home for a few hours, then returns for preparing dinner. My uncle and I give The Clarion Inn five stars for brilliant service, cleanliness, appointments and facilities. I just may return with my wife to enjoy the beautiful Pocatello area with my wife in the near future.

Room Tip: Be armed with options, such as a AAA book and coupon book. If you call and receive anything less tha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ClarionInnPocatello, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us!

I am so happy that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to treat you great service and excellent food. I am so glad that you and your uncle were able to relax and enjoy yourselves during this leg of your stay.

Thank you for your great review of the Clarion Inn- Pocatello and we hope to see you again sometime soon!
Winchester
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I returned to your hotel last month for two nights. Again we found it clean and inviting. The desk staff are very friendly and helpful in both checking in and checking out. The breakfast coupon was used and the meals were very good. What a savings, and you had a server to bring you your meal (no food line with everyone's hands touching the food) I'd like to bring attention to the young man (Michael I think) who brought us a refridge to our room. Every time I saw him during our stay he had a smile and always asked me if everything was OK, if we needed anything and hoped we were enjoying our stay. Later I mentioned this to my husband and he commented that the young man did the same when he met him. This shows good training and hiring a good kid to represent your business. The bed was very comfortable. The room was a bit small, but we don't spend much time inside so this was not an issue. We will be returning guest.

Room Tip: I like rooms that don't face the freeway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review of our hotel! I am so glad that you were able to experience our great service. We hope see you again soon so that we can "WOW" you again! Thank you!