“beautiful property”

Red Lion Hotel Pocatello
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I was unfamiliar with this chain, but I found the room to be exceptionally nice. There was not a complimentary breakfast, although they do offer a discount on meals in their on-site restaurant.

The fitness room was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Anita B
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Pocatello

Reviewed July 9, 2008

This was a wonderful place to stay. Close to interstate but room was quite. The room had been newly decorated and we had great night of rest. We thought we had a good special price of $79.95 but other reviews indicate that much better was available on Priceline. In any case we were happy.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank FloridaGator086
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I booked my room at the Red Lion for the night following a marathon in Rexburg, as I was flying out of Pocatello the following morning.

The hotel was easy to find from the freeway. Check-in was easy, and the clerk gave me a choice of a 1st or 2nd floor room (I opted for 1st floor, given my post-race fatigue). My room looked out on the gazebo area, and was far enough down the hall from the pool area that I didn't get any of that noise. The bed was extremely comfortable, as was the chair.

I was delighted that this hotel offers room service, including the availability of beer, as I really wanted to relax and crash for the night. The only amenity that was lacking was a coffee maker (for the morning).

Maintenance-wise, my room seemed to have issues with humidity, despite the fact that the bathroom fan was working. I swear I felt droplets falling from the bathroom ceiling, and the Kleenix in the box just outside the bathroom felt somewhat wet.

All in all, I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel. I got a great night's sleep, and except for the non-existent coffee maker, I had all I needed.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel as a pass through to somewhere else. We were happy with the clean room and very comfy beds. The location is close to the freeway, but with no freeway noise. We did not get to use any of the amenities like the pool or restaurants. I am quite picky and take great care over picking hotels and was very satisfied here for our short stay. I would have been happy to book another Red Lion on our return trip.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank lusciouskiwi
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Booked through priceline at $45. Red Lion hotels tend to participate on priceline with good prices, so when I'm in "Red Lion country" I always look to see which towns have Red Lions and then try to book them on priceline.

Like most Red Lions I've stayed in recently, this is an older hotel (really a motel) that has been nicely renovated. The rooms almost reach Marriott or Hilton quality -- decent furnishings, great beds (like the fancy chains, way too many pillows!), fancy toiletries, etc. Plus you get free wifi. I doubt I'd be as happy paying full price, but you couldn't ask for more at priceline rates.

BTW, Butterburr's is a good inexpensive local breakfast/lunch place about 5 minutes from the hotel.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Dave's_reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2006

This hotel is the only one listed for Priceline, so our $53 bid got us a nice room. It has been redecorated, since it was not as bad as previous posts. Each room had 2 phones, a dream machine alarm clock (check to make sure it isn't already set for you!) a plain chair with wheels for the desk and a cushioned chair in the corner, 2 floor lamps and nightstand lamp, coffee maker and TV in armoire, four pillows per bed, and a pillowtop queen bed with the thick mattresses.
In the bathroom there was a contoured shower curtain rod with a large shower head (Holiday Inn style) and amenities made by "Bio"... shampoo, conditioner, lotion and 2 soaps and a shower cap.
Both pools are indoor - one was too cold and the other too hot.

The colors are a little dark....even so I didn't find any problems with quality. There is a jack-in-the-box in front of the motel and a Perkins Restaurant across the street from that. The motel is hidden behind a Jackson's Texaco. It has an airport shuttle, and anyone riding the SLC airport shuttle can catch that bus at the Jackson's. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank happykitty54
A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 6, 2005

The rooms were old, the hallways dimly lit, the paint peeling. I frequently stay in Red Lion hotels when I travel to the West and this one doesn't measure up.

Stayed: August 2005