Best Western Pocatello Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clarion Inn(Pocatello)
Quality Inn(Pocatello)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanconvenient locationwould stay here againsink arearestaurants within walking distancehot tublong drivefree breakfastgreat roomopen hoursgreat place to staynext morningfront desk staffthe breakfast areastaff was very friendlyparking lotindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2005

The hotel may be dated, but the staff was just excellent! We arrived late in the evening, and they were very accommodating. Gave us a great discount because we were getting one of the last (and least desirable) rooms.

Stayed: April 2005
Reviewed February 10, 2005

We've stayed in this motel a couple of times. The layout is confusing and though you have to use your key card to access every door, I found it both times to be a little creepy.... I never felt really secure here. We travel a lot (145 days last year) and very rarely do places not feel safe, but this is one of them. The breakfast room is pleasant, and the staff friendly, though sometimes a little overly personal. (This is not a huge fault, when you consider that lots of time hotel staffers can be the epitome of rudeness) Room was clean and very spacious, but desperately needs updating from the last do-over, which must have been about 1975. They were laying new carpet in some rooms while we were there... perhaps they're moving in the right direction. I think next time we're in Pocatello we're going to seek out lodging that feels a bit less bleak.

• Stayed: December 2004
20  Thank redchief
Reviewed December 30, 2004

we stayed one night here and were treated well by the staff. The hotel could use a renovation but for the cost its okay. Not much to do in town.

1  Thank AtlantaHvacman
Reviewed September 19, 2004

We booked this inn because they offer a shuttle from the airport and had decent ratings. At first, we were a bit disappointed because it looks worn in places. It is a heavily used facility, and a tour group was there one night. However, our room was clean and quiet, and the breakfast was above average for similar chain "free breakfasts." The breakfast room was well attended and kept clean and pleasant.

By the way, the shuttle service was super. We were quickly picked up by a friendly young man. Very efficient.

1  Thank joyce_ch
A TripAdvisor Member
Casa Grande, AZ
Reviewed September 9, 2004

This motel is located in a cluster of other Pocatello motels off I-15 about 8 miles from PIH. You have to drive a few miles to get to the university, but the a look at any hotels close to the university will send you running back to this group of motels. I stayed here because of other TripAdvisor reviews. After a recent spate of trips that involved over-priced downtown hotels with fancy amenities but rotten service, this hotel was a relief. I called from my cell at the airport and was quoted a best rate of $62 based on AAA for a single queen. When I arrived 10 minutes later (tired and hungry, of course), I was told by the university student clerk that there were no more single queens. He let me fume for a few seconds before telling me I could get two queens for the same price. That was the only bad service. Otherwise, the service was very friendly, informal, and efficient. For example, when we ordered a movie that wouldn't work right, we were offered a free alternative movie. That's just right. Don't bother with the "free" breakfast unless you like to compete with the rest of the guests for muffins. They were out of eggs and refused to make anymore. But you can walk to Applebee's and get a real breakfast. There was another diner within walking distance we didn't use. The motel has room service but we didn't use it. The beds were standard comfort--not the new heavenly beds but not bad. For me, cleanliness is essential, and the room was clean. The layout is a bit confusing, as there are 3 buildings. And no elevators, so get a groundfloor close to a door if you have mobility issues. Your pass key must be used 100% of the time to get in any building or area but the front lobby--a fact I like. And the indoor pool is right off the lobby--another fact I like. We didn't use it but it looked clean and uncrowded. The lobby is lovely and staffed 24 hours. No gym but they have rights to one, which we didn't try. I will visit this motel again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member