“Comfortable and nicely decorated Best Western”

Best Western Pocatello Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed October 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed here in September, 2007 on our way from Boise, Idaho, to Yellowstone National Park. We found it to be one of the nicer Best Westerns we have stayed at.

The decor of the hotel is lovely with granite vanities in the rooms. I asked if they had recently remodeled, and was told that they had done so this past winter. The room was clean and comfortable. The only negative I found was that the sink vanity was rather small, whereas the large large granite countertop in the room seemed to be kind of wasted space.

Some motels have an inadequate area in which the continental breakfast is served. This is not a problem at this location. Off the lobby is the breakfast room, and it has about 20 tables with plenty of room in between. Besides all the other items usually on the menu for contiental breakfasts, some hot dishes were also served. These included an egg dish, and another which I think was grits. In the evening, don't miss out on the fresh baked cookies served at the front desk.

Staff was friendly, and the room was clean. There is easy access to the freeway, gas stations, and several restaurants in the area. We ate at the Perkins Family restaurant close by, and were very satsified with the food and helpful attitude of the staff there. Because the weather was hot, we drove to the restaurant, but in cooler weather, we would have walked.

If you feel like shopping, try the Fred Meyer store about 1 mile away. We do not have this store in our area, and we were very impressed with the extensive line of products. I had forgotten to pack an herbal supplement and was able to find it here.

We look forward to returning to the Best Western CottonTree Inn in the future.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2007

Writing this review (January 07) along time after I stayed here with my father (July 06). Why, Because I remember it being the Best Hotel in the chain I have stayed in so far.

Everything about this hotel I enjoyed. The pool, sauna, food, bar, rooms. It was clean and friendly. What more can I say. Well done to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2006

This was probably once a pretty nice hotel. We had a queen double suite (like an earlier reviewer), and it was indeed huge and comfortable. Also very seriously in need of renovation - old, threadbare, and dirty looking (though actually clean on close inspection). There is evidently a newer "executive" wing that is somewhat nicer.
If you have lots of luggage, do not stay on an upper floor - if there is an elevator we couldn't find it, plus there are extra half-stairways along the longer corridors.
They have a large varied breakfast bar, but food quality was just OK.
The free room WiFi worked very well.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank innominate
A TripAdvisor Member
Jackson Hole, WY
Reviewed June 7, 2006

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a nice young lady. She was extremely helpful. The room was very clean, spacious, and felt like home. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and eager to answer any and all of my questions. Breakfast was exceptional; I would recommend the lounge for food and spirits. The entertainment (karaoke) could have been better, but was fun to watch! The pool and hot tub were great and open 24 hours. I would definately stay here again. A+++!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2006

I was very satisfied with the Best Western CottenTree Inn in Pocatello. It is north of I-15 (exit 71) and north of Idaho State University. It is located near other hotels (Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn and Red Lion, I think).

Had a king size suite, that consisted of king size bed, desk, larger round table, sofa and tv-cabinet. Interior was of a traditional style with light wood cabinets/tables/accents. Three restaurants were close (Applebee's, The Sandpiper ($$, local, and seafood themed) and Perkins. There are more businesses/restaurants including a Fred Meyer farther south a few miles on main road.

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable, with little noises from other rooms. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Thermostat on heater on low kept room comfortably heated and was pretty quiet.

There are 3-4 wings to this Best Western, where you'll need to use your room card to get in after 5 p.m. Mine didn't work the first time, and I went to front desk for help. The attendant re-programed my key, then asked the bellhop to escort me over to make sure it worked. I was touched by this forethought. The bellhop was very nice and I felt safe walking with him over to my wing (it was after dark). Area seems safe, but still when it's dark out and something isn't working, it was a nice gesture that someone will walk and make sure something like a hotel entrance will work. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank ktripping
Reviewed July 19, 2005

The large interior corridor room was tastefully decorated, including wallpapered walls and several nicely framed pictures. The small vanity was separate from the bath and toilet, which I prefer. Furnishings included a table with chairs, a desk and an armoire. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but a gurgling sound from the air conditioner and plumbing noises from other rooms could wake a light sleeper. Amenities included an iron and ironing board, television, clock radio, coffeemaker and hair dryer. The free continental breakfast included waffles, Danish, cereal and fruit along with coffee and juices. Several restaurants are nearby. Overall, this is a good motel unless you sleep in late and other guests begin taking early showers because the plumbing noise could awaken you. Fortunately, we got up early.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank anoviv
A TripAdvisor Member
Idaho
Reviewed June 12, 2005

This hotel is a pleasant place to stay. The rooms are great- large and very clean. The staff is ready to take care of anything you want. My kids loved to pool. I think we used a TON of towels and nobody said a thing. The breakfast is really good with a large selection and a waffle maker. The biscuits and gravy was tasty. This is a great place to totally recharge your batteries. Don't hesitate to book it!
Family of four