“The best in town, for a price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pocatello
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed May 29, 2012

New four story hotel with everything you would expect in a modern chain. Great support staff, B grade on the included breakfast.

What was Great:
Large clean rooms with spacious bathrooms and easy temperature controls on the wall Large Flat screen. No bad smells, stains etc.
Very nice exercise room, hot tub and indoor pool area, more machines than I would expect and even free weights and laundry.
Attractive lobby, conference rooms.
Service staff with breakfast was very helpful, clean and friendly. Maid service didn't wake me up at 8:00 to clean the room but waited and checked with me as I left for the day as to what time I would like the room made up.
Cookies and Milk in the lobby at night.

Needs improvement:
Beds - after all what else do you need. At first I would have rated the mattress as soft-ish, but after sleeping a while my shoulders and back were sore. Not firm but not a air number, memory foam or pillow top either. Pillows fluffed well but were pretty flat when you use them. Beds tended to squeak enough to hear through the walls too (enough said)
As this was a holiday weekend I didn't expect much of a deal, despite subscribing to several discount groups, and I didn't. I paid in the $130 range with tax a night. Not way overpriced but for Idaho I would normally expect room service as a option for that price. No in room fridge or microwave and no lunch/dinner services on site.
Pool needed more ventilation as it was pretty humid and with a pervasive Clorox smell.
Decoration of the lobby appeared to be random, someone when to a Pottery Barn and ordered one of everything, which was then nailed to the wall a-la TGI Fridays.
Front desk people were only ok, not surly but not friendly either and in need of uniforms and ties. Random polo shirts and sweat shirts are not a uniform even with a name tag, sorry.

Breakfasts:
Ok, this is advertised as a hot breakfast, which is somewhat misleading. There is the normal breakfast fair, make it yourself waffles, cold cereals, bread products and hot oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and any beverage you would expect. There is also one hot chaffing dish with Swanson type factory made items that had been warmed on site. I saw Canadian bacon, granular scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon mixed in, french toast cubes (like Sonic) and Cheese Omelets. All had that microwave oven quality to them that you get in a TV dinner. It was ok, but just.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Owen S

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great check-inn, great rate, great room, pool all one needs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Jameson N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your review, we will always try to be a great experience for every guest.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

First time at the Hampton Inn in Pocatello ID. Pleasant surprise. Room is slightly more upscale than others I have stayed in. The front desk on check in was attentive and polite. Hampton inns are known for their good beds, good linen and pillows. This one was no exception. A big surprise was the large flat panel TV. Very nice and enjoyable. The lobby breakfast was a carbon copy of so many others, but it served it's purpose. Food was hot and readily available. Bathroom configuration and appointments were better than most, with a very nice modification. No bath tub, but rather, a oversized stall shower (room #304).

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Tug1104
Jameson N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for your review, our hotel has a high standard to follow as a Hampton and we love to hear how well we present ourselves with quality and service.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Quick overnight stay. Lovely hotel and very helpful staff.

Stayed: March 2012
Jameson N, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you for your review, my staff strives for excellence and they love to hear it’s appreciated .

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I hate to write a negative review, but I wouldn't want someone else to have my experience. After staying here I had bug bites on my back and side which are still bothering me. I've never had this happen before, but from now on I will be checking sheets and beds before sleeping in them. Otherwise, this was a nice place and looked very clean. The employees were all very helpful and service oriented. I called after our stay and told them about the bug bites and they said they would check into it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank blynnsh

First and foremost, the hotel and I, Jameson Nelson the General Manager, took your comment very seriously, and we want to assure you that we have taken every possible step to investigate your reported issue. We can inform you that we did hire a local, professional pest control agency to look into your reported issue. We want to let you know that the pest control agency performed a thorough investigation of the room that you had stayed in and we have received their official report. The report came back stating that they had found no evidence of bed bugs, but just as a precautionary measure the room was completely treated. We want to assure you that we have done everything in our power to look into your reported issue. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like a copy of the professional pest control agency’s report please feel free to contact myself.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

this was our third time staying at the Hampton We visit Pocatello often as our daughte lives there. I have to say this is probably the cleanest hotel we have ever seen. the hotel staff go above and beyond to accommodate your every need I feel it is as close to a B&B as a hotel can.
we will be back in May .

An added feature is the breakfast very morning served with a smile .

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S_foridaBeachbum
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Ok, so I was being a bit cheeky in my title, but there's some truth in it. Pocatello's a small town, so you don't have a ton of choices. I travel for business a lot, and find that Hampton properties are super consistent for me, and this one was no different.

It's a relatively new facility, in a good location just off the highway. There were restaurants nearby, and I even drove about three miles up the high way to Chubbock, the next town, and caught a matinee at a nice theater one day. Oh, and there's even a hospital just across the way from the hotel. You're pretty much covered :)

My room was clean, the service was friendly. If I go to Pocatello again, this is where I'm staying again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business