“Very impressive”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is a compromise because my wife loves seafood and I, well, maybe not so much. We go to Idaho Falls every year on our anniversary and on our return home we have made it a tradition to stop and eat here. This last time it was particularly good. It's a little unsettling because we saw all the mixed reviews, many of them not reflecting anything like what we experienced. Everything was really good, even the fountain pop tasted better. My wife had the Bar Harbor Lobster Bake and said it was as good as any seafood she's had since moving here. I had the 4-course meal special with the Cajun chicken as the entrée. From the soup, to the salad, to the entrée, and to the dessert, it was excellent. The service was also exceptional. We talked about making this more than a once-a-year tradition.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went for our anniversary and the very casual atmosphere didn't add anything to the occasion. But my husband likes sea food. It tasted to me like any sea food you'd get frozen and cook from the package. We were both disappointed.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

So quick on everything coming out,the quickest service I have ever had at a restaurant. The manager kept checking on all of the tables and was helping all the waitresses. I was very impressed with him. Yummy food and experience made for a great night!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had never been to the Pocatello Red Lobster before and we will not be returning. We went during the highly advertised Lobster Fest. It was such a let down. I did not expect to get high quality lobster but what we did get was ridiculous. The wood grilled lobsters were about the size of our pinky finger and so dry and overdone. The grilled shrimp were the same, dry and overcooked. The lobster and shrimp mac and cheese tasted ok but my husband did not see any lobster in his. It was busy which I understand but I think they were overly slow. When we finally got our salad and it had been cleared away it was over 25 minutes (yes, I timed it) until we got our overcooked and poorly prepared dinner. I am hoping this was just an off night for them but I doubt it.

We will not return to this Red Lobster.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

not as good as it once was. Food was not prepared the way it had been on previous trips. Wait staff needs more training.