“I have been eating here for 40 years”

Buddy's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Pocatello
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My first meal at Buddy's was when I was a graduate student at near-by Idaho State University in 1971. I no longer live in Pocatello but I get back once a year or so and the food remains not just good, but excellent. During the school year this place is packed. The signature item I think is the classic Buddy's salad. It is so big that my wife and I split it when we come together. I ordered a half this visit and it was hard to finish. But so tasty. This visit I had a half salad, a small spaghetti and meatball, and a serving of spoumoni ice cream. There are 8 beers on tap and a good selection of bottled beer and wine. I sat at the bar and watched baseball on big screen TV. The owner, Steve, is still there all the time greating everyone that enters. He was there in 1971 too. Do not miss this place.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I ordered pizza last time I was there and wasn't impressed it wasn't like I remembered it.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Lets be honest, people tend to like the salad with the heavy garlic dressing but besides that the food itself is below average and extremely over priced. Often, and I mean often, the bill is wrong and hand written chicken scratch to prevent you from decoding it without asking. So head over if you feel like over priced garlic salad. The service is poor cause the tip is already on the check. My glass of water was smaller than the kids cup (no joke). I've been multiple times with the delusion it might get better, it doesn't.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Everyone in town loves Buddy's. The food is average Italian food for me. They have a homemade dressing they use that is very strong but most love it. Garlic is in and on everything! This is the turn off for me, but most people find it addicting! Service is good and the place is usually packed!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

The salads are huge and have enough garlic to drive off a Vampire. Head here for Italian-American food.