“Fantastic food, elegant atmosphere”
Review of cafe tuscano

cafe tuscano
Ranked #5 of 162 Restaurants in Pocatello
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Upscale decor and landscaping make you forget we are part of a Chevron station. We can seat up to 99. Accommodate up to four groups at a time in private. We are extremely quite and love it when people linger over their meal. Our wine cellar offers a selection of 300 different wines from the world over.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Definitely the best place to eat in the Pocatello area for quality, ambiance, and price. The steak salad is one of my favorites, and they have a nice selection of adult beverages.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have eaten here often. We really like the food, though sometimes the servers are a little slow. Overall my husband and I put up with that because we love the atmosphere and the food has been exceptional.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday I needed lunch this was close and new since last time in town. I had a great server but could not get Anyone's attention to sit down. Overall staff poorly trained. My server though was an exception and provided good service. The atmosphere is good but checkout is like the service station next door. I had soup and salad and both were fine. Not what it could be but okay.

bbi7117, Owner at cafe tuscano, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

We have taken the common theme of not greeting customers immediately and following up with them seriously and initiated corrective training. I invite you to try us again and see if we haven't improved tremendously. Thank you for taking the time to review and we appreciate your observations, they will help us to become a first class establishment.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived at this little place that is attached to a Shell gas station and we were looking for dinner... My Grandsons and I walked up and stood at the register while the only waitress was standing right on the other side of the counter and was looking for something but when she looked up and saw us standing right there she just turned and walked away. The bartender sees this happen and comes over. I asked if they do "to-go" orders because we are in a hurry, on the road to Phoenix. We order a kids menu cheese pizza, kids grilled cheese sandwich, and a panini for me. The bartender says it will be 15 min. and walks away. 15 min later we return and stand by while the waitress still wont make eye contact with us, the bartender is too busy texting and hitting on the guy at the bar, and the cook is a kid who is pissed off and slamming everything around while shaking his head and mumbling to himself. After about 10 minutes of waiting, now 25 minutes total I walk up to the register and was going to ask how much longer. The waitress walks by 6 times (no kidding) without making eye contact, the bartender is flirting with the guy and texting and she saw us standing there but didn't do anything. And the cook is back doing dishes then walks right by us out into the gas station side of the building! After 45 minutes from the order being placed we get this sorry excuse for food and the bartender just says "here you go". The cheese pizza was in a pizza box but it had been dropped on the side so the pizza was squished into the corner and stuck to the lid. Ashton's grilled cheese was burned. And my panini was thrown together, barely on the bread at all and thrown in the box with a dill pickle that was brown and a pile of gross greasy chips. If there was a way to post a Zero instead of a One, I would. Nobody cared about the customer service, the food quality or presentation, the idea of earning repeat customers etc. Certainly there needs to be an Owner on the Property, this was a joke. I would have left, but we already paid, what a disaster.

I have emailed this reviewer and personally apologized to him for his experience. I was horrified to read the review and vow that it will never happen again. We have made serious changes in our customer service. It is honest reviews like this that opens your eyes, we thought we were doing it well but found out when we are not present it is not the same.

We make no excuses and vow to correct the problem. We are determined to make cafe tuscano one of the premier places to dine and enjoy yourself in Pocatello.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We didn't even stay to order food... I waited at the door to be seated for much longer than I should have. Three employees walked by me without even greeting me or asking if I had been helped. Once we were finally seated the same thing happened. I can only imagine how long it would have taken to get our meal!

1  Thank Prettykate11