“A salad is a SALAD....maybe!”

Cafe Rio Mexican Grill
Ranked #68 of 162 Restaurants in Pocatello
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 15, 2014

A pork salad is just the ticket on a warm, winters day - but be prepared to fill your belly! They are NOT for the faint of heart. You can have a white flour or wheat tortilla and choice of beans. The house dressing - a variant of a ranch - is very good, but with the guac and pico, you can almost bypass any dressing. Like the tacos, like the nachos, but for me...pork salad is the trick!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

They have daily specials, and on Tuesday it's taco's for 1.95. Had a couple tacos, with rice, beans, and a drink for 6 bucks. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been to several Cafe Rio restaurants and this one rates at the top for me! This location felt more generous and had a large dining area. Maybe we just hit it on a good day, but I would definitely come back! If you don't like crowds, come during an off-time around 2:00 pm.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

It was noisy because of all the people shouting out their preferences and standing in line to order. The food was probably better than I thought because I really prefer sit down wait service and the chaos makes it hard for me to enjoy my meal. Two of my companions thought it was great and one was with me in my opinion. I guess it's a matter of how you like your restaurant to be. You can build your own meal which appeals to many people but I felt like the servers were too busy to give suggestions and just wanted us all to "move along".

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fresh tex-mex food; burritos, tacos, enchiladas, homemade tortillas, fresh salsas. Salads are the best - plenty of food to share with someone else. Served cafeteria style, everything special order. Quick, fast, and yummy.