“Great room and a great price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The room were comfy, clean and pleasant. The hotel is located close to the highway and the access to the busy area of the town. The staff got me to our room quickly.

I will stay here again and I recommend it to anyone.

They had cookies at the front desk that were great after such a long drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jesse Y
Seth T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

A great recommendation goes a long way, and we are grateful that you feel you can recommend our hotel to anyone. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to fill out a review for us. I am glad that you had a comfy bed, quiet room, and pleasant experience. We look forward to having you the next time you come to town.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Rooms are comfy. Breakfasts are great...wayyy better than the continental breakfasts they serve at other motels. They also have an indoor swimming pool, although we didn't have the opportunity to check it out. Will definitely return when passing through pocatello in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ijoanne1979

Your subject line is a perfect note for people looking for a hotel in Pocatello. I appreciate the great review that you left for us. I agree that our free hot breakfast is exemplary. We are glad that you had such a good experience with us, and we value the loyalty of our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff at this hotel should be trainers for any hotels chain on "how to do it right" The staff is amazing especially the gal named Rosemary. we truly had an amazing stay that my family will never forget. The staff was kind enough to surprise my seven year daughter with a wonderful Birthday cake. I really am grateful for this since I was unable to plan anything since our trip took longer than what was expected. The hotel is sparkly clean, quiet and beds are super comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to any travelers who are looking for the best accommodations at a good price

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenny d

Rosemary was excited when she called me to ask about providing your family with a birthday surprise. It can be tough to be on the road during birthdays so I am thrilled that we were able to provide a little extra experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and leave such positive comments about Rosemary. I always love to be able to highlight one of my employees with a great guest comment.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel worked for what we needed of it...a place to sleep for three nights, a pool to relax in and breakfast in the morning. This was delivered just fine with just a few hiccups. Positive: the staff was wonderful - pleasant, kind, informative...the breakfast was outstanding and the server was amazing - she remembered us the second morning! The warm cookies in the evening were yummy!
The room, while clean overall, left a few things to be desired - they obviously don't use an edger, as the carpet was filthy next to all the walls and between the furniture behind the trash cans/night stand...even found a condom wrapper under the edge of the bed. Ew. Also a used coffee pack was still in the coffee maker. Sadly, these types of things leads one to think that the room was speedily and not thoroughly cleaned. Ew again. I spoke with a housekeeper and suggested they work on that and she very sincerely apologized and said that she would let her manager know. Since I was alone with my girls, I wasn't happy that the side door was unlocked to the parking lot at all times even though you were supposed to use your key to get in - it was always unlocked...yet, the door from the pool to the outside deck WAS locked with a broken exterior access box...so if you let the door slam and no one was swimming, you'd have to go clear around the hotel to get back in.

Room Tip: Truly...rooms on the south side ARE quieter...rooms by Olympus Drive are quite noisy in the morning...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank laurannt

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear your positive words about our staff. I agree that the breakfast attendants are amazing. I am glad that you got to enjoy our 24 hour pool, it is one of my favorite amenities of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issue with the room. The wrappers left in your room were an unfortunate oversight on our part, and I apologize for that. We are committed to cleanliness and I am confident that the cleanliness issues you experienced were an oversight and not the normal. We hope to have you the next time you are in Pocatello for a clean great experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had someone get into my room at 1am! Security was horrific to say the least! When I spoke to the GM he was an absolute ignorant jerk!
The exterior lock on the side door was gone, so anyone off the street could get into the hotel at any time! May explain how someone got a key to enter our room!
Was an awful experience- one I will never repeat!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Emi G

I am sincerely sorry about the experience that you had at our hotel. I feel awful that I did not fulfill my responsibility of taking care of you and making you feel like a valued appreciated guest. The safety of our guests is our top priority. We have addressed the security situation with someone entering your room, and we have done further training with our staff to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

I understand that you spoke with our Regional Manager, and this situation has been remedied. We are committed to providing all of our guests with a safe comfortable experience. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We found this hotel to be very clean and well managed. The staff was great, the food was good, the prices were fair and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Highly recommend this hotel for family or business. It has it all.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor across from the vending and laundry facilities and heard nothing all nig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gwen C

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am very proud of our amenities, and I am glad that you had a great experience. I love being able to take great compliments like yours back to my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write your positive review. We looking forward to having you the next time you are in Pocatello.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed for one night and I would go back for sure. Very friendly helpful staff! They have a indoor pool that is nicely kept. They have a nice breakfast offer in the morning. This location was great because we have family that lives around the corner super convenience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Grace M
Seth T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

I am proud of our indoor pool, the hot breakfast, and our great location; but most of all I am proud of our great staff. Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and our team. We strive to provide a fantastic experience for each of our guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to town to visit your family.