La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello
Super 8 by Wyndham Pocatello(Pocatello)(Great Value!)
$76
Hotwire.com
$67
$112
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsopen hourswafflescookiessandpiper restaurantidaho fallsnice roomhotel staffhour poolfridge and microwavehot tubabove averageupon checkbusiness triphot breakfastroom keyroad tripbreakfast room
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I booked the honeymoon suite a month early and checked yesterday to make certain everything was okay. When we arrived today, none of these suites were available, apparently because the hot tubs were not working. We were then booked into another room (at a discount). However, the code cards to the room did not work nor, after repeated attempts and new code cards, were we able to go in and out of the room without assistance from the staff.
So, no fireplace, no reliable way to ingress and egress, then we noticed a smell like mold and dust and that the carpet was frayed and stained. We decided then just to leave and cancel our special occasion, that is, celebrating my husband's birthday at one of the nicer hotels in town.
We stayed at Ameritel here in Pocatello two years ago in the honeymoon suite and loved it. However, the property appears to be undermaintained, understaffed, and underfunded.
The desk clerk was really nice and so was the maintenance man, but it was clear these fellas were under duress having to work at a place whose management is letting it go to the dogs. (The only reason I gave a two point rating, rather than a one, is that the staff was excellent.)

Room Tip: Yes, Insist management bring this place back up to where it should be in order to operate under the Ameritel brand. I was more than willing to pay circa $200 for a glass fireplace,hot tub, and immaculate room. Instead, I ended up sitting outside my door in the hall on a shabby carpet while my husband went, for the second time, to find card keys to enter the room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjm47
Seth T, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

We are committed to providing all of our guests with an excellent experience when they stay with us, I apologize that we dropped the ball during your stay. We have resolved the key problems that you were having, and I would love to have a chance to speak with you regarding your other issues.

I have reached out to you and sent you a message so that we can resolve your concerns and earn back your loyalty. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and helping us be great.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I work on the road and was here October. Very nice people. Came back in 2014 for 2 months. Richard at front desk remembered me. He and other guy at front are very helpful. Marci who does breakfast during the week is so sweet and will make special eggs if needed. I had a really big room and was comfortable, quiet. Good fitness center and indoor pool. Cookies in evening. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sabella524

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Richard and Marci were both ecstatic to hear your kind words about them. It is great that you were remembered when you returned. We love our guests and appreciate great loyalty from guests such as yourself.

I love our 24 hour pool and fitness center as well. Both of those being open 24 hours is something that makes us unique.

Thanks again for your kind words and we are excited to see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Beautiful Hotel and property that offers military discount, Super Staff, incrediblely maintained 24 indoor pool/hot tub, Wonderful Continental breakfast & dining hall, beautiful large rooms with comfortable beds with lovely clean linens, modern large screen TV w/ Direct TV, nice bold coffee. They have also networked with local businesses, we went to Ruby Tuesdays, that offer generous discounts for guest. Great experience will all staff including front desk personell Jovani, Chad, and Richard, General Manager Seth Taylor, and Sales Director Shauna Phelan... It is evident that the entire staff at AmeriTel work well individually as well as a team! In addition it is very
Clear that they all take pride in ownership of their job and company. Thank you for a wonder stay!!! Highly recommend

Room Tip: Don't bother calling around AmeriTel is the best!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angie G

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. Jovani, Chad, Richard, and Shauna were all excited to hear of your positive words. Reviews like yours do wonders to help our hotel. I love the great hot breakfast and the amazing TV satellite package that we have as well.

Thank you again for your review, and please let me know the next time you are in town so that we can have you back.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'd bet I've stayed in this hotel almost 100 nights, always relatively comfortable. The property is sliding. The poor girl at the front desk was all alone at 5pm. She was overwhelmed! The room was dirtier than I've ever seen, I had to move a table to plug in a cell phone charger, it was disgusting! Food, candy wrappers, trash. The rest of teh room was better, but far from what I've experienced in the past.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank K C

I apologize about the issues that you have had in your recent stay. I have sent you a message and hope to hear from you so that we can resolve your concerns. We are always thrilled to hear of our guests who have stayed with us for so many nights and provided such great loyalty.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at the AmeriTel for a little winter stay-cation. We were ready for something different and we found it here. The 24hr pool was amazing! The kids loved swimming and since it was open all night, my wife and I enjoyed the hot tub later that night with other couples. The staff was friendly and professional. The evening manager was very proficient at his job and, on multiple occasions, had guests waiting at the counter laughing and joking all around. We loved this hotel and next time we need a stay-cation we will be going back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
James s, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear monster112211,
Thank you for staying at the AmeriTel Inn and for sharing your experience with us. Winter is often the time we get local people coming up and have little stay-cations with us. It seems to break up the cold a little bit for them. I am glad to hear that you stay was pleasant and that our AGM did such a wonderful job for you. We look forward to have you back with us for your next get a way.
Shaun E