“Best in town!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Sumisu offers a unique to Pocatello variety of sushi. The service is always good and the food is excellent! Sumisu has been in Pocatello for a while now and they have a solid following. With great food and service I have found myself venturing back many times. The location is easy to find and definitely worth the effort! If your craving Sushi in Pocatello, Sumisu is your place!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank dkbrig

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner at my wife's request. We are infrequent visitors to Pocatello but remembered eating here before. Our food was very good and the servings are more than generous. I had the seafood bisque, it was thick, creamy and had a good amount of seafood in it. I also had the Firedragon roll. The presentation was unique and the portion was almost too much for one person. All our food was fresh and we all walked out satisfied.

1  Thank 26JeffG
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Miso soup and bento box was excellent, the server lit the fire dragon roll on fire created a fun show! Food was great! Our server got busy and others jumped right in to help her. That really topped off the experience. Definitely will go back!

1  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed May 2, 2017

My wife has been here a few times and brought me tonight. Very pleasant atmosphere and the service was just right. Enough attention, but not hovering. Kourtni did a wonderful job. My wife had the Fire Dragon Shrimp and I had the Dynamite Shrimp. Don't let the description scare you. Mild heat with sweet soy. As with most sushi restaurants, it's a little spendy if you have a couple drinks and choose rice paper over seaweed, but definitely worth it.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

Friday during lent, not many food options in Pocatello. We decided to try Sumisu during a recent visit. Beautiful presentation. Large rolls...we had Chief Pocatello roll, Yellowstone roll and one that was on fire. Loved all of them. Also had a bowl of seafood bisque, yummy, super rich and filling. We'll be back next time we're in Pokey. Appreciated its downtown location. Only reason we didn't give it a 5 star was the atmosphere. Our server Courtney was excellent too.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank thefoothills

Been to Sumisu? Share your experiences!