“Great Food but...”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Food A+ ..Service F We were servied food with dirty dishes piled on the table, not asked if we wanted desssrt just given our check. Training is not there high point

There are newer reviews for Sumisu

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Was visiting family in Pocatello and took my daughter to Sumisu for lunch. I had low expectations; how fresh can sushi be in Pocatello, though they managed to not even come close.

I ordered maguro and hamachi nigiri. The maguro had an odd, pinkesh red color that looked unlike any other maguro I have ever had. The hamachi looked as if it had been on a kaiten belt for far too many rounds. The sushi-meshi had way too much vinegar, which overpowered any flavor the fish may have had and made the whole thing inedible.

The tempura was ok, though the ponzu seemed to have a flavor and texture more consistent with soy and there was no daikon to add to the sauce.

I'm spoilt for choice as I live in Singapore and have access to very fresh sushi. For the uneducated sushi diner Sumisu probably works, though it's not a place I will visit again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

worst sushi I have ever eaten. my wife had a salmon salad. they used mint in the salad dressing. Horrible

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in while enroute from West Coast to East Coast hoping for adequate sushi and loved it! Sat at the sushi bar and Dan, the sushi chef, even made my 'vegan' sushi (cucumber & avocado) a work of art. Picture posted. My husband had the hamachi and he rates a sushi bar by the yellowtail. My only complaint is that we live too far away to get back soon!
We found the chef and staff relaxed, attentive and the fish sweet and fresh.

1  Thank Jacksonville_FLKatie
Reviewed September 23, 2013

came here with the hubs for our annivasary, service was great, loved all the vegetarian choices, cant wait to come back