“Not fit to be called Ramada”

Travelodge Pocatello
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Pocatello
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I don't even know where to start: bathroom floor was dirty, counter was dirty, sink faucet appears to have never been cleaned, holes in the shower curtain, ratty old towels, windows were filthy, grounds were trashed, etc. They only gave us 3 towels in the room and we asked for more at the front desk and they said they didn't have any more and to get some from the pool. Asked the maid for extra towels the next day and she still only left 3. The breakfast was a total joke. Never was able to connect to the free wi-fi. They did have a computer in the lobby, but it was slow as molasses.
Overall, this hotel is just old and has not been maintained or updated. Their standard of cleanliness is extremely low. I honestly do not know how they keep their franchise with Ramada.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill W
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We sincerly apologize for any incovenince you may have experienced while staying with us. We strive to provide our hotel service and amenities in a manner that builds loyalty and dedication. I am sad to hear that we failed to meet your expectations.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am an owner of one of Arizona's top rated B&B's and I was terribly disappointed to say the least.. We were traveling with pets (my B&B is pet friendly) and they put us in a room that was way in back but didn't tell us how to get to our room via car which would have made it much easier, instead we packed our things thru the lobby and thru numerous hallways to reach our room. Walking into the room, I immediately noticed crumbs on the refrig top (small unit on floor), the stainless steel accessories were water stained, the toilet old and stained, the sliding door was stained with water spots and dirty, the carpet worn, furniture looked like it came from a 2nd hand store,the phone hadn't been wiped clean in months......shall I go on?....I immediately contacted the front desk and the on site manager came and moved us to a different room next door. We accepted the other room ONLY because we had been on the road for 12 hours and were beat! This hotel is a disgrace to Ramada Inns around the US! My uncle used to build Ramada's and we have always enjoyed staying at various ones. NOT THIS ONE ever again. Also, it was like a party place. People with their own bq's outside their room, pets not on leashes, partying by the pool until 2 a.m. in the morning.......

Room Tip: location location location
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Based on the reviews we were a bit reluctant but we went there - it was cheapest amongst two available options by 25$. That did the trick.

The lobby were desolate, old and large. On the way to the room it felt like this hotel is in final stages of closing down (difficult to get stairs, not so clean stair well, felt like it may fall down). But the room was great, clean and well lit. We didn't use the TV but it was old generation (probably different century).

They had free wifi and we used it for our next day road trip planning. The shower faucet was tricky to work with but once the shower worked it was good.

The breakfast was 1.99$ per person, they charged taxes and didn't give a receipt (I hope they actually pay collected taxes). The food was basic, cheap but okay for me. There was NO water and tea/coffee/milk selection. Again okay for 2$ but water would be nice ;-). The worst was poor condition of waffle maker. It's a 10$ machine and I'd rather replace or clean every two months. Also, paper bowls for cereal were smallest I've ever seen. Improving these things may increase their turnover of 2$ revenue (or more depending on whether they pay sales taxes!).

• Stayed: June 2012
Linda S, General Manager at Travelodge Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

We do apology for the stairs although they are cleaned every day.
As for the breakfast we do supply water and water based products such as tea and coffee. It is in the breakfast area. I apologize if you were not able to find it. In fact this is a full service motel with a bar. Our breakfast charges are generally included in the hotel bill unless you bought the breakfast later without mention of the room. We do issue receipts upon request that do include the breakfast payment and it does show the taxes we pay. If you paid cash, you should have gotten a receipt.
I will really appericate if you can provide me the name of breakfast person/front desk whom you dealt with to investigate it further. If you can provide me with your information, date of stay and e-mail address I can e-mail you a proper receipt for your breakfast. I could not find you in our system on basis of your last name. We take these feedbacks very serious and will do our best to keep our customers happy. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

As we checked in, frontdesk person Sarah was there to greet us and made us really feel important. The next day we met, Marlene, the hotel manager. She was kind and made us feel like we were among good friends. We stayed there two days. Our room was always clean and very comfortable. The front desk was always very helpful with any of our needs. We have a very pleasant stay . We would be staying here whenever we come back to Pocatello.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you value our entire staff. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the staff.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was traveling to yellow stone and stayed with my family for a night. The hotel was very good especially the staff. The rooms were clean and well kept. The hotel has beautiful lobby with restaurant and lounge. I loved their hot breakfast. We last stayed in this hotel back in 2010 and will stay again.

Good Luck!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mona_SLC
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you for your positive review. We appericate our guests feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here four different times, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Nexttell
Linda S, General Manager at Travelodge Pocatello, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

After reading reviews, I was not sure about staying. I was greeted by a friendly desk clerk and although the hotel is not new, it was comfortable, clean and priced right. I noticed that they were upgrading the lobby area and had other projects they were working on. I was called after I checked in to make sure that everything was satisfactory and I enjoyed the comedy in the lounge that evening. I will definitley come back when visiting Pocatello!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and get a suite by the pool for less than you would pay for a regular room almo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

I will share your comments with the staff. Thank you. Hope to see you in the near future.