“Sneakily Added $15 Water To The Bill - No Choice”

Amani Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Leederville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amani Bar & Kitchen is a funky small bar venue, hidden in the heart of Leederville with their uniquely executed cocktails and gourmet share plates menu. Open for Lunch, Dinner and Drinks, Amani is perfect for that casual catch up or your next function. With monthly Beer Dinners & Daily Food Deals Amani offers something for everyone.
Melbourne, Australia
“Sneakily Added $15 Water To The Bill - No Choice”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I thought it was pretty sneaky they would give you $15 bottled water as you immediately sit down. It wasn't something I added nor wanted on my final bill. They should disclose this before giving or opening up the water.

The food is fantastic, a bit pricey and a bit limited in selection but what they do they're good at.

The "type" of client who visit here came across as a little snobby and a bit uncomfortable to be seated next to.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Missfiore10

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Luscious High Tea”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Taken here on Mother's Day by my daughter and my son's girlfriend and had a lovely girls' high tea with all the trimmings: cosy setting; lovely modern floral tea sets and tiered cake stands. Glass of bubbly delivered promptly on arrival and our food arriving just long enough after we'd settled in. My son's partner is Coeliac and so having pre-booked, our goodies arrived on two separate triple tiered plates - the gluten free selection looking every bit as appetising as the regular one, but with a very generous selection of cheeses and fruit instead of the extra pastries and lamingtons we scored. Lovely combination of savoury canapés, sandwiches and sweet treats, and more than we could fit in. Tea and coffee preferences were taken and served quite a while after the food arrived, which was fine as we were busy chatting & enjoying the nibbles. Staff efficient and friendly. Recommended. Sorry can't help with the price/value as my girls shouted me, but I'd say definitely good value :)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kerryegan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a find!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I took advantage of an offer by Qantas and booked this restaurant as the menu looked interesting and the location was convenient to all my friends, the décor is cool and funky, the staff is very helpful and friendly but best of all the food and wine combination was excellent, the barramundi was just delightful. I will be taking all my friends there offer or not

• Visited April 2014
“Underwhelming and Overpriced”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The scenery is nice and the staff we found also very friendly, however, the food was incredibly small in portions for the price you pay even if it's tapas. There were 5 of us dining and we were enquiring with the wait staff to see how many dishes we should order and enquired about the sizes of each dish if it would be enough for the 5 of us to share, we found, even ordering many plates and under the advice of the waiter, we were still hungry in the end.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great tapas, cocktails and wine list”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have had drinks here before, but ate with a group of 10 peple at Amani on Saturday night 24 August. We had some issues actually getting a call back from them, but apparently they were having issues with their voicemail.

However, it was worth persisting. As we were in a group, we had to pre-order our meals. We had buffalo mozzarella, hummus, lamb, pork and barramundi.

While it was all really great, the mozzarella and pork were certainly the picks. The pork just fell apart and was really tender and the mozzarella was creamy and delicious.

We tried a few cocktails and had a few great bottles of red wine. The service was friendly and efficient.

What I love about Amani is it's somewhere slightly away from the crowds of Leederville, it's warm, intiimate and just that bit more special than some of the other restaurants. Definitely give it a shot!

• Visited August 2013