“We Love It!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lower Bay
Kingsville Apartments
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lower Bay
Yonkers, New York
“We Love It!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We've only been coming to Bequia for about 11 years and have always stayed in Kingsville Apartments!! My wife & I travel a lot & do lots of backpacking type of trips so Bequia is our relaxation but more relaxing when staying in Kingsville which is conveniently located near restaurants, bars & Beach of course! The staff (Anastasia & Martina) & owners (Kay & Bert) are the best staff & owners you'll ever meet PERIOD! Bequia is a low key island which isn't touristy (which we Love) & overcrowded & everyone on the island are VERY friendly & helpful. For the 1st time in 10 years, we missed coming to Bequia last year due to our newborn but returned this year with (now 19 months) him & he loved it! The two bedroom apartments are huge compare to the 1 bedroom (which is still cozy) so if traveling w/ kids, take the 2 bedroom. Anastasia & Martina will keep these apartments nice & clean for you & are extremely helpful & there when you need 'em. Bert & Kay are the best host ever!! Stay @ Kingsville & you'll see why we are in love w/ this island & apartments.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Adrian S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Originally found this accommodation on Trip advisor. Read all the reviews and thought it sounded fine apart from a couple of comments, ie one bedroom apartments were small, had cockroaches and lizards dropping from the ceiling, kids from St Vincents came on the ferry and burgled the place!! and the walk into town was 5 mins.
All of the above was rubbish.
The place is, spacious, well kept, kitchen well equipped, very clean and both staff Martina and Anastasia, were efficient, honest and always helpful.
The walk into town starts with a climb up heart attack hill(local nickname) and takes about 20 mins.
However their are taxis ranging from 1 EC dollar (always full) to other taxis which charge 20 EC dollars each way.
If you want to see the island and travel, a car or mini moke would be ideal.
The owners Bert & Kay were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble.
The beach is only 2 mins from the apartments and there are restaurants and bars along the stretch of beach, which we found most of the time to be quiet.( the season is coming to an end).
The best restaurant on Lower beach is Fernandos (for dinner) which is up a short steep hill.
Dawns Café is at the far end of beach, excellent for breakfast and lunch.
Keegans do a barbecue on Saturday nights and show a movie outside on a big screen on Wednesdays.
The accommodation has everything you need, including beach towels and hair dryer.
In town Gingerbread was the meeting place for cakes and coffee. .Macs Pizza was excellent and the Porthole for Roti.
At the end of the lower road beach is a mini mart called Petras which was very good for all supplies. Petra even hugged us when we left!! everyone is that friendly.
Can confidently recommend Kingsville, value for money accommodation. Bequia is a lovely, friendly and peaceful island to have a well earned holiday.

Room Tip: Apartments 1 to 6 are single bedrooms and 7 & 8 are newer 2 bedroomed. All the rooms are quiet...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ddtnorthumberland
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We are currently staying in a one bedroom for a short stay and are very happy we picked this spot. The one bedroom is very large with a full kitchen including fridge/freezer, oven, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker. The bathrooms are large and have long mirrors so two people can get ready at the same time. There is an AC unit in the bedroom that works very well. The bed and pillows are also extremely comfortable. Everything is clean and the nights were very quiet. There is a front desk reception area and the staff were very helpful. Wifi has a nominal fee to use.

I am not sure what else to say except its a great value for the money

Kingsville is also walking distance to everything in lower bay like the restaurants la Plage, bees cafe, Keegan's, de reef, nandos, and Dawns. There is also a small super market called Petra's at the end of the road. Go to Dawns for breakfast and make sure you try the freely made fruit juices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Winkdaddy
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I hike and snorkell on my vacations. It took me a year to discover Kingsville. It's expensive for me at $100 a night, but luxourious. The apartments are well equiped. I just have to walk a few steps to be on Lower Bay beach. Many people there make their reservations for the next year before they finish their stay this year. There are quite a few people there I know from last year when I stay there. This year I couldn't afford to stay there. I usually spend one week at Kingsville and 3 weeks at Tranquility on St Vincent. Bequia has many more tourists than St Vincent. There are many more restaurants. I do a lot of hiking there. I hike to the highest peak, and the rocks between Princess Margaret and Lower Bay are quite something to snorkell in. You have WiFi at Kingsville, and they will do your laundry for a reasonable price. There is no market per se, except along the roads leading into downtown. I highly recommend the Lime Juice which you dilute and sweeten. Avoid the actual market, mostly people from Kingstown, looking to rip off tourists, but sellers on the street, I buy from them. Security is a problem. You can't leave your windows open at Kingsville, but you need AC for the night, so it isn't much of an inconvenience. I spend much of my time outdoors. There are two locks to every door and a safe in every room for money and valuables. The locals say that it is people from St Vincent who come on the ferry and stay overnight trying to rob people. They would never do that. There are two very dangerous plants on Bequia, the brasil plant and the Machineel tree you will see on the beach. I got hit hit by the Brasil plant last year, walking off the trail. I still have the scars of that encounter a year later. The staff at Kingsville told me what it was. They are very helpful, any experience you encounter. Next year I will try to stay there a week. Bequia is a semi dessert and it's a good introduction to St Vincent culture where I stay another 3 weeks.It's hard to travel from one culture to another. When in St Vincent I wish it was more like Ontario Canada. When I come back to Canada I wish it was more like St Vincent. Bequia is somewhere between those extremes, having adapted to mostly European tourists, but it's a very small island and after a week, I look forward to the wildreness of St Vincent

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Ian C
Plymouth, NH
Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you are looking for a warm, clean, hospitable place to stay while appreciating the "second" home atmosphere--then come to Kingsville. This year marks our 8th or 9th stay here. As always within 2 days the staff become your friends, your neighbors will welcome you, and the sound of the "sea" will be heard. Bert and Kay are the epitome of hotel hosts. This year's staff, Martina (a 10 year veteran) and Anastasia (new last year) will greet you with the warmest of smiles, and always willing to assist. The villa staff do a great job keeping a clean apartment and are always willing to assist the guests in any way they can.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RSolace1023
Barbados
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This was our second trip to Kingsville Apartments and I simply cannot say enough about this quaint, peaceful oasis in Bequia. The two bedroom apartment was very comfortable for a family with two kids. Plenty of room and spotlessly clean. We even enjoyed the use of a brand new barbeque in the garden. Our extended family stayed in a one bedroom cottage and it was perfect for them.
The location is excellent. The beach is right across the road and there are plenty of shade trees so that you can enjoy the beach without getting a sunburn. The Kingsville office has a good library so there is no need to trael with books - just pick one up when you get there. I enjoyed afternoons reading, snoozing and listening to my iPod under the trees on the beach. If you need a beach chair, then ask for Sylvan at De Reef or Keegan's up the road rent some too. Keegan's had an outdoor movie night with dinner and drinks but I never got there - not enough time to do everything. Next time I plan to do this though, as I thought it was an excellent idea.
The kids enjoyed snorkelling, fishing and swimming on Lower Bay and it was handy to have Mango's and de Reef on the beach for an ice cold cocktail when you needed to cool off.
There are good restaurants in Bequia and I would recommend Mac's pizzeria, Coco's, Fernando's and The Devil's Table (the reggae band that played on Saturday night were fantastic!).
All in all, Kingsville is the best spot for me and my family to vacation in Bequia. It has everything that you need to feel at home and their rates are reasonable. This year was our second trip and we plan to visit every year - hopefully more than once - from now on. We love Kingsville - you will too! Enjoy.
Best wishes and a big thank you to Kay and Bert King and the rest of the staff. Jason, Linda, Laurence and Kimberly Lampkin, Barbados W.I.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank islandgirl1972
Barbados
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Clean, comfortable place to stay. Good location and friendly staff. My only complaint was the housekeeping - a daily service would have been appreciated. I really don't want to make beds and sweep while on holiday. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2010
Bequia Beachfront Villas
Bequia Beachfront Villas
#2 of 2 in Friendship
Keegan's Beachside Hotel,Apartments & Cottage

Been to Kingsville Apartments? Share your experiences!