We have just returned to an ice-locked Toronto, from our beloved Bequia, and beloved Keegan's. We have been staying at this little gem for over 20 years, and are part of what I think of as the Keeganites. I know there are many others like us, who have been going to Keegan's regularly for decades - we tend not to meet each other because we go at different times of year. I have posted before about Keegan's, and am happy to reaffirm my love of the place. Everyone makes you feel welcome, and looks after, and out for, you. Other reviews have mentioned many points - yes, the rooms are simple, but clean and very comfortable. It is true that the beach is about 10 metres away, and the sound of the sea is always there. The food is simply and wholesomely cooked, and Kalene's soups are amazing. But what really stands out for me is the gentle rhythm of the place, the rhythm that doesn't quicken despite Messanjah's constant little improvements. Keegan's is going back into a Caribbean of long ago, and please, please, may it never change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Keegan's on Lower Bay, Bequia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, right by the beach with a choice of Hotel rooms, apartments and a cottage. Situated on beautiful Lower Bay, a near mile long stretch of golden sand lapped by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Swim before a leisurely breakfast served on the terrace overlooking the beach and sea. Enjoy our home cooked meals and the hospitality our family has been providing since 1978 in Lower Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Keegan's Beachside Hotel,Apartments & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keegan`s Beach Hotel Bequia
- Keegan's Beachside Hotel,Apartments & Cottage Bequia/Lower Bay