“Awesome”
Review of Konkolville Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orofino
Konkolville Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Orofino
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Great place to stay... clean, clean, clean... swimming pool...steak dinners that are to die for....and cheap... great room price......super owners...treat you like Kings and Queens....been back 3 times and gets better every time...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heritagerider

Reviewed July 24, 2010

inexpensive compared to other hotel in town, and wonderful dervice....... great place to stay if ur headed to dwarshack, and want to get a early start to get a floating dock......

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank redsox1794
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed for two nights. The motel is very clean, the customer service is outstanding, and the motel has a resort feel. The deer come right up behind the swimming pool. The pool and hot tub are maintained and kept very clean. The breakfast is wonderful. We would highly recommend this motel to anybody that enjoys a great nights sleep, friendly owners, clean rooms, beautiful scenery, and a lot of fun!!! A TRUE FIVE STAR MOTEL!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2010

A clean, comfortable motel. Great steak dinners too for the price. Enjoyed the hot tub and heated pool. Very affordable and helpful owners.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I would like to warn anyone thinking about staying at this motel about the rudeness and lack of hospitality that my Fiance and I experienced when staying at the Konkoville Motel. Right from the get go I could tell that the owners, who live on the premises, were extremely up-tight. It was really obvious when our six month puppy was scratching at the door of our room as we enjoyed their hot tub. The owner immediately let us know and followed me to the room where he unhappily examined the small scratches on the old wooden door that had plenty of existing scratches. We told him we were very sorry and would take care of all necessary repairs. He was still obviously annoyed and acted as though we had destroyed the room. Keep in mind this was a so-called pet friendly room and they were well aware our puppy was staying there. The rest of the stay was full of incidents of the owners making sure we we knew we were being watched and were not welcome. The woman yelled at me for jumping in the pool like I was five. I am 31 yrs old. She watched evry move I made apparently on her security cam. I stripped the old sheets off of the bed thinking I was being courtious and the owner said that this made him suspicious that we had damaged something. He checked evrything in front of us and told us that the door would cost One hundred dollars to re-stain. What a Joke. He stepped all over my integrity and ripped us off for small scratches on an old door. I will never stay there again and I hope that nobody else does either. I will attch photos of the small scratches on my next review so people can see what I mean.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank swerve57
KonkolvilleMotel, Owner at Konkolville Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2010

The couple left their new dog in the room while they played in the swimming pool. The dog did extensive damage to the door trying to get out. The $100 we charged for damage was minimal compared to what it should have been. The man was caught on our security camera diving head first into our swimming pool despite signage showing this is not allowed. My wife confronted him, he said he didn't, but his fiancee said he did. I am sure the man did have a horrible experience, but it was his doing, not the motel's.

Reviewed April 27, 2010

The Motel is well run by a husband/wife team who took over ownership a few years ago.

They are continually updating and renovating, and the same room we stayed in a year ago has new beds which are much more comfortable. It is VERY clean, and the owners are always around and helpful.

The "grill your own" steak dinners are a must, since they will be better steaks than any we could find elsewhere in town at a price that can't be beat.

When we misplaced an item, they were more than gracious and helpful in assisting us in looking for it. (We eventually found it had been placed in a coat that we didn't expect to wear). They followed up the next day with a phone call to check and see if we had found it, even.

Great place, incredibly nice people!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed November 23, 2008

WE LOVED this place! The rooms are clean, the pool is great fun, Your very own steak dinner for $14 with Baked potatoe and salad - you never have to leave the place! The owners are awesome and accomodating. Great place, great price, great value.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orofino
Best Western Lodge At River's Edge
The High Country Inn
The High Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Ahsahka
Hearthstone Elegant Lodge

Been to Konkolville Motel? Share your experiences!