“Great Menu”

Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Orofino
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good choices and spectacular atmosphere with summer seating above the river. Owner is a little curt but other staff are very service oriented. Portions are so so; it's obvious this is a seasonal restaurant that can't provide as much as others but worth one lunch or dinner for the memory of the atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Dining on the Edge

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

When I saw fine dining And heard the special was grilled salmon and asparagus penne, I thought yummy. Unfortunately the salmon had indeed at one time been grilled, but when I got it, it had been reheated and was pretty dry. The pasta was overcooked, and while I LoVE fresh grilled asparagus, like the fish, it was dried out and mooshy. Bummer. Dessert was yummy as was my rum and coke.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I went to the restaurant based on good reviews on TripAdvisor. What a disappointment ! I ordered halibut and my wife ordered scallops. We hardly finished our salad, when the main meal was served. The scallops were raw and the vegetable was hard as a rock.
The waitress was nice apologizing for the new chef. However, this didn't make up for a very bad experience.

1  Thank W0lf47
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Dining on the Edge is a casual restaurant with high class service and excellent food. The meal was superb, the service very professional and the cost was very reasonable. Even better if you choose to dine on the riverside patio.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am a former resident of Orofino. Rather than going to our usual spot, I suggested meeting up with 8 friends at the Edge, July 30. It started okay, we were set up at a table inside at 6 pm, as it was too hot outside. Our drink order was taken, we were served, and when the last of our party arrived at around 6:30 our dinner order was taken, with salads arriving shortly thereafter. It then rapidly degenerated from there. 30 minutes after salads were taken, the first dinner (ribs) arrived. After waiting 10 minutes for the other meals to arrive told that diner not to wait for us. The next dinner arrived 10 minutes after, with the rest staggered over the next 20 minutes. So, rather than a nice meal TOGETHER, we were forced to eat the meals as they arrived so they wouldn't get cold. The last diner, from ordering to getting his meal, waited over an hour. For a burger. He was offered a free drink for the long wait. The wait person was apologetic, but really didn't work to find out what the delay was. When I asked her to ask the manager if we could get a discount since it took so long to get our meals and we couldn't eat together, his answer to her was that since the food seemed satisfactory, and was edible, that no, we couldn't get a discount.

The restaurant was by no means busy, it was a Tuesday night. The manager made no attempt to address us directly, leaving it to the wait staff. While the taste of the food was okay, it was pricey for what we got, and with the horrid service, I would never recommend the Edge to anyone.

This entire experience is a poor reflection for Orofino. There are other places in town to eat, and I will be going back to our usual spot from now on when I am in town.