“A taste of a cowboy life.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ola
4D Longhorn Guest Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Ola
Outside London
“A taste of a cowboy life.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for a week and were impressed by the hospitality offered to us by Brad the rancher owner and Norma and Sharon the cooks. There were only 3 guests so we took things at our pace. Brad was a good instructor and encouraged us to push ourselves when it came to riding, especially going up all those steep forest trails! Those horses are amazing...... they're like mountain goats!
What a brilliant setting for a ranch, Brad designed and built it by himself! It was good wholesome food, just what you need after a morning riding.
I would highly recommend this ranch over any other 'dude' or 'guest' ranch, no pool, tv or children.We even went to a local rodeo.
Idaho is such a beautiful state full of forests and rivers. We were disapointed not to have more time to explore the local area. Brad offerred to taken us rafting but we wanted to stay on the ranch.
Go there next year, you'll love it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thehawke

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

The stay at 4D Longhorn Guest Ranch was absolutely unforgettable. I wanted to try horse-riding, but I imagined that it would be one of those experiences which include waiting, lining up, trodding down safe paths, eating 'commercial' foods....etc...But those things are exactly what 4D Longhorn is NOT!! Brad, Sharon & even little Dustin provided a great, homely and wonderful place to spend a day and a night. I come from Singapore...but all 3 made me feel right at home in the lodge.

It was refreshing to get away from the busyness of life and get out to the ranch...to see the expanse of land...the freedom one feels is indescribable. Brad is fantastic to teach and show how one preps the horses for the ride. With great patience, he taught me (a green-horn) to ride with confidence. To my surprise, Brad then took me for an unforgettable ride up and around the hills, away from the usual paths, into the wild. The freedom one gets, just roaming around the place without a 'set' path, is amazing. Brad - I must say a big thank you for that great ride and the fantastic view we got throughout the ride. Thank you also for the many wild huckleberries you picked along the way so that we can have 'huckleberry-toasts'!

Sharon cooks up lovely meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner....making me feel like royalty whenever the food is laid before me.

From the outside, 4D Ranch feels a little like a blast from the past. Brad has made the place look like from good old western days......but inside...the rooms are very comfortable, cosy and lovely.

A great place to take the family to....especially when there's little Friday (small horse) for the children to ride on. WIshed my children and husband were with me for this trip.

I would suggest that if anyone is going whitewater rafting near Horseshoe Bend to plan proceed onwards to 4D Longhorn Guest Ranch for a night's rest and then an unforgettable day of riding.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank YeepSim
The West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2006

For anyone who ever wanted to go back to the old west, this is the place to stay. Words can not describe the feeling one gets when entering the 4D Ranch. To say Brad, Brenda, Spencer and Sharon are wonderful hosts is to say too little. Whether you ride in the pasture, swim across the pond on horseback, or push Texas Longhorn cattle into the Boise National Forest, you will never want for excitement, beauty or friendship. My wife of 26 years is not a horse person, but after a week with Brad, she was riding like a real cowgirl. My daughter, who has spent her riding years in the show ring, finally got to experience the REAL feeling of riding free. And as for me a cowboy at heart who was born too late, I finally experienced the life about which I dream.
To Brad and Brenda, thanks again for sharing your dream with so many. May our trails cross again next year.

Happy Trails to all
Paul, Gaynelle, and Stephanie, the Rocking L Ranch

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank highcountrypacker
seattle or Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2006

If you like horseback riding or want to enjoy a taste of the cowboy experience, go and visit Brenda and Brad the owners of the 4d Longhorn Ranch near Boise. ID.

This ranch has little cabins all decorated with western antiques that will put you right away in the cowboy mood. (Some cabins have private bathrooms, others do not. Depends what you are looking for). The main guest house was really charming and provided pool table, poker table and a big huge table where we had our" family style" meal.

The valley and the view are really gorgeous and still very wild. After checking our horseback level, Brad took us twice a day for a beautiful ride in the mountains. Don't expect any galoping but more a peaceful, quiet ride where you will be able to check out some wolf tracks or deere :-).

We had a great time discussing with Brenda and Brad who definitely enjoy their guests. Ask Brad to share with you all his horse or cowboy stories... it is quite amazing.

More info at:
---

1 Thank dianeR

Been to 4D Longhorn Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!