Elkins Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging(Sandpoint)(Great Value!)
$169
$113
Dodge Peak Lodge(Bonners Ferry)(Great Value!)
$83
$64
$135
$116
BestWestern.com
Bonners Ferry Log Inn(Bonners Ferry)
$99
$96
Quality Inn(Sandpoint)
$90
La Quinta Inn Sandpoint(Sandpoint)(Great Value!)
$104
All reviewspriest lakedish tvbeach accessfull kitchencabinelkinsfireplaceweddingbedroomhammocksfirewood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I wasn't sure exactly what to expect--some people called it "rustic" others told me "it's not like you're camping." The accommodations were super: I loved our cabin right on the creek, and I was comfortable.

I was VERY surprised by the raucous bar that spilled loud drunks out past our open windows at all hours. That--combined with the consistent whine of motorboats on what COULD be a pristine lake--kind of ruined the illusion that I was relaxing in the wilderness.

Still, we played volleyball and Frisbee and cards, swam, and had fun; so just manage your expectations, and you'll have a great time.

Room Tip: Cabin #4 is on the gurgling brook, but also in the path of the revelers leaving the bar.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Skyler R
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed a week with our kids. Went to dinner in restaurant and they happened to be out of a lot items....breakfast the say we left was disappointing....2 wanted eggs Benedict . The staff was having the last of the hollandaise sauce so we where out of luck:-).
I would return for sure, charming cabin .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a wonderful place to spend some down time. Charming cabin accommodations set in a gorgeous woodsy landscape. A lot of the cabins overlook pristine Priest lake, ours sat back on a bubbling creek....just perfect. Dinner at the lodge restaurant was 5 star, but not 5 star stuffy, great service without the pretension. Many of the cabins were set up for multifamily vacations , my grand kids would love to play on the beach, or rent a party boat for a day. This trip was just my wife and myself but we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in #26 and had a great view of the lake. Woods is provided for us within the unit and on the beach. Barbecue on the deck. The appliances were fine. Flat screen TV. Wireless at the lodge but not the unit. Verizon coverage was fine, so I was able to use my phone and my MIFI unit for Internet access from our cabin. Great way to spend some time away from the office without being at a standard hotel unit. Some very nice hiking near by along the lake and in the mountains.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

OK. My dreams may not be as grandiose as yours, but I've been hoping to spend time in a cabin on a lake like the ones from my childhood in Minnesota in the 50's. And I more than found it at Elkins. In fact, cabin #8 was almost too nice! We were told it had been reconstructed 2 years ago but everything looked so new we felt like we could have been the first occupants. It was so perfect. This was in February. Snow falling. The creek burbling just below the cabin. Plenty of firewood for the fireplace. No TV. No phone. Full kitchen. Walk-in shower. Great dinner at the lodge. Spectacular mountain scenery. We couldn't have been more satisfied. I'd go back every season if I could afford it. Although I might skip the wall-to-wall summer crowds at Priest Lake.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple