“The service earned it a 5 star”
Review of Brick 29

Brick 29
Ranked #1 of 204 Restaurants in Nampa
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Mesquite, Nevada
“The service earned it a 5 star”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The steak dinners were very good and prepared perfectly, but the margarita was one of the best I've ever had! It's called a Cilantro Margarita and it's amazing how a little muddling of cilantro in ice can step up a regular margarita! Our server, Sarah, was even nice enough to take me to the bar and show me how it's done. My new favorite cocktail!

• Visited November 2013

Boise, Idaho
“Well-done is not the same as rare”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I ordered my filet mignon rare. I even made a point telling the waitress that recently in another restaurant my steak had been delivered well-done when I ordered it rare. Still I got a terrible steak more than well-done. Stay away from this place if you like any kind of meat. They just do not know how to cook.

In addition to terrible steaks they play very loud and annoying back-ground music. Someone in our party mentioned that to the waitress. Put we honestly felt the volume of the music was turned UP after that just to show us who was in charge.

Stay away from this place.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank FrequentTravellerDK
Kaysville
“Mid-day Ribeye Treat if you ask nice :)”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I travel alone and often eat at restaurants alone. Sometimes service is a little sketchy because of it. They know the bill will not jack up very high with only one person eating. Anyway I ventured into the basement of the old Masonic Temple for a late lunch. I was looking at the menu and saw an order up that was obviously a big piece of red meat. That was not on the lunch menu and I asked what it was and if I could order it. They told me most likely not, and that it was a special per-ordered Ribeye. Upon approval they let me order it Fondu style with crispy onions on top. I ordered it Medium and it came with a pink center but the outside was crispy burnt. Maybe I was asking too much from them with my special request. Either way it was pretty de-lish meal and I would go back with a significant other or good friend if I found myself in the area.

Nampa, Idaho
“Back on top!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

New sous chef makes all the difference. Dustan made some changes as often happens and now they are back on top. Columbia River Steelhead with Coconut Rice and grape salsa was impeccable. Live music was not overly loud and it was nicely busy on a Tuesday night. Reyes waited on us and he took the time to make our meal a true dining experience. He knew the specials and the enhancements to each with out reading a card, he made us feel welcome and appreciated for our visit and our time. Hard to come by this level of service in this day and age. Great visit - thanks guys!

Fort Worth
“Brick 29 Brunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Few places in Nampa offer a Sunday Brunch. The Brick's is perhaps the best around. The service is low key with beverage and an invitation to to buffet. A busy kitchen staff keeps items on the buffet line filled and attractively presented. The buffet includes traditional breakfast items like eggs, potatoes and loads of their signature bacon or sausage. In addition there are more lunch items like a bisque or cream soup, meatballs, their delicious mac and cheese and a carved meat, typically a beef tenderloin. The array of sweets is as diverse as the entrees. They range from rice krispie treats to blintz to cheesecake and fresh seasonal fruit. Probably the best thing about this buffet is there was no music. Not a pan on music but the place can really get loud and if there is a singer trying to be heard over the chatter of happy diners it gets to be more din than dining.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Brick 29? Share your experiences!