“Best food & service I've ever had!”
Review of Brick 29

Brick 29
Ranked #1 of 206 Restaurants in Nampa
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My spouse and I decided to try this lovely little restaurant recently, and boy were we glad we did! The decor was lovely, the service was friendly, helpfully, and knowledgable, and the food was amazing! By FAR the best restaurant experience I've had anywhere!

2  Thank LadyLinwe

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I discovered Brick 29 Bistro on my first visit to Nampa in Feb., 2013. When I had occasions to return to Nampa in May, I didn't even consider eating dinner anywhere else. In fact I rushed from the airport in Boise to make sure I got there before closing.

Brick 29's menu is innovative but not so far out that you won't find delicious dishes suitable for everyone. The atmosphere is casually chic. The staff is friendly and attentive. They made me feel like family.

The seasonal bisque was mushroom garnished with feta. It was wonderfully balanced and silky on the tongue.

The first night I had the Steak Diane. It was perfectly cooked and the garlic mashed potatoes that accompanied the steak had just the right amount of garlic to enjoy with but not overwhelm the flavors in the sauce. It was delicious, but the portion was so generous that I had no room for dessert - something I still regret.

The second night, I decided to make sure there was room for dessert. I selected two appetizers - the oysters and the bruschetta. The oysters were breaded with panko and pan fried. The cilantro cocktail sauce had a nice kick. The brushetta was amazing. I was expecting the typical small slices of bread. What I got were large diagonal slices of crusty, chewy bread covered with artichokes, parmesan, feta and spinach in the house alfredo sauce. Wow! It was a meal for one or an appetizer for three.

And finally dessert... it was difficult to choose but I settled on the Mexican Chocolate Pot de Creme. The chocolate was rich with just enough cinnamon to accent it. I seriously considered licking the dish clean, but settled for scraping every last bit up with my spoon.

If you are ever in Nampa, ID or anywhere near Nampa, put Brick 29 on your list of places to eat. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank H W
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Brick 29 opened the restaurant especially for our party of 30 plus and served a terrific lunch. Had a room to ourselves and the food was served family style. Salmon, delicious. Steak, a bit too rare for me. But the rest of the food was terrific. Would love to go again. Service was exceptional.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was part of a post graduation party of about 30 people coming to lunch before the Bistro was open to the public. We were seated in a large, bright room at a long table. Food was served by one lady and served family style with large dishes to be passed around. It worked great as there were multiple platters and more than enough food. We enjoyed medium to medium-rare filets, salmon, rice, salad, breads and desserts. Our waitress did an outstanding job managing everything, including drinks. No one left hungry and everyone seemed to have a good time. I was pleased with the experience and would like to return for a more private occasion.

1  Thank Triumph1970
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I remember the space from 50 years ago when it was the basement of a Masonic temple. What a change!! hardwood floors, imaginative lighting create a pleasant atmosphere (although those same floors can render the space loud if there are lots of customers). Bar and bistro are all in one open space and the TV over the bar detracts from the atmosphere of fine dining -- they do mute the sound and watchers have to rely on the closed captioning.
It was the menu that impressed - a great mixture of imaginative offerings combined with old favorites comfort food well prepared. We had three dishes (fish, chicken and beef) and all were very flavorful with substantial portions. They have a very good wine list with local vintners featured. Service was attentive --- in fact verging on too many visits to ask how we were doing. It cost just over $100 for three people including wine and tip.

1  Thank Vandal72

Been to Brick 29? Share your experiences!