“It may be just me, but Its just not that great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Brick 29

Brick 29
Ranked #1 of 197 Restaurants in Nampa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nampa, Idaho
“It may be just me, but Its just not that great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I've heard several good things about Brick 29 and have eaten there several times. I just don't see what the fascination is. The prices are inflated, I dont like cucumber in my water, and the food is not that good. All the fancy table dressing and white linen in the world doesn't make up for poorly prepared food. The last meal I ate there was with 3 others on a business lunch. We all ordered the same steak dinner. Each person commented afterwards that the meat was tough and overcooked. The bread pudding we had for dessert was very good and we all enjoyed that. Overall, I give it a 3 because they dress it up and charge like its "that good", but it's not.

Visited November 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husbands parents were visiting from Sacramento and we wanted to go someplace nice but close to home (Nampa). Reading reviews we chose Brick 29 and we were so glad we did! From beginning to end our server was amazing! I don't remember his name but he was young, tall and had a sort of lumberjack beard, he was awesome as he seemed to take pride in the food he was describing/serving. He only showed the slightest hesitation when fil asked for salt and pepper for his ribeye as it was layed in front of him (I only noticed cuz I used to work in a steak house and never understood those who asked for ketchup to go with their perfectly seasoned $30 steak). Everything we ordered was delicious, from the calamari and fried clams for apps to our entrees: ribeye (fil), fish of day (mil), argentine pack steak (hubby) and airline chicken (me). Everything was perfect and filling, so no dessert (although hubby got a german chocolate cake to go and later said it was ready good) . We loved Brick 29 so much we are returning next week with another couple to check out their wine/dine deal...can't wait!

“Four Star Restaurant Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This out of the way restaurant is well worth the trip. Wonderful menu with creatively prepared dishes. Moderately priced. Lunches are very good but dinners are great. Try the lamb. It is grown locally and is a real treat.

• Visited October 2011
canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We had trouble finding the resto, located on the corner of 11th avenue and 3rd street in old Masonic building, but were glad we persisted. The ambiance was delightful, we enjoyed the subtle decor and were welcomed from the outset by Mike, who has been working there about six months. He guided us in our menu selection - a tasty iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing, smoked bacon with cayenne pepper and nuts, following by chicken with polenta (chicken! said my man, but he thoroughly enjoyed it), and ravioli with smoked chicken for me. Part way through my husband noticed the Monday deal: two meals and two glasses of wine for $29, and Mike, the waiter, adjusted the bill accordingly. Total bill was $43 (beer and salad not included in the $29 deal). He was very attentive, meal was fine, and we had entertainment from Chris to boot. Definite recommendation.

Visited October 2011
Boise, Idaho
“Fair American dining with a chefs twist”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Populair local "Nampa" restaurant established in an old masonic building.
Restaurant is in the basement of the building.
Interior somewhat dark, a lot of brown colors, could be a lot nicer, more colorfull.
Table settings very simple somewhat dull.
Restaurant and Bar in the same room.
Full bar available, good coctails served.
Menu and Wine list are limited, not exiting, but there is something for everyone.
Daily specials available based on seasonal products.
Steaks were definitely good, and cooked to order.
Friendly service, can use a bit more professionalism.
Order one course at the time, otherwise you will end up with everthing on the table at the same time, which is to bad....
All in all a good experience, will go back.
A place recommended to try if you are in the Boise area.

• Visited August 2011

Been to Brick 29? Share your experiences!